Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warne lockouts on a early 2a

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warne lockouts on a early 2a
    Posted: 18 Nov. 2018 at 6:02pm
Hi all, new here so please know computers and I are not the best of friends. I did do a search and did not find an answer. I have a 1946 2a that I would like to put lockouts on. Bendix axles with the threaded ends on the spindle. I have had a older pair of Warnes  and read that some won't go over the spindle with out cutting the threads off. Mine will go over the spindle and trying it on one side engaged and disengaged  just fine. BUT, they won't clear it if the locking castle nut is installed with the first half of the hub.  I can't imagine that you would leave that off. Thoughts and thanks, Bob
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill, If I was married to you I would poison your coffee. Churchill's reply, if I was married to you I would drink it!
mickeykelley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2018 at 6:45pm
Do they have black rings around the casing like below?  And how many rings?

Edited by mickeykelley - 18 Nov. 2018 at 6:48pm
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2018 at 7:07pm
I believe three rings on the Hubs will require the threads be trimmed (mine are that way) The older 5 ring hubs I think were designed to fit over the axles without trimming the threads but the nuts still have to be removed. I could be wrong.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2018 at 7:09pm
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2018 at 12:41am
I have a couple pairs of the Warn hubs with 5 bands worth of standoff.  This style is used with axles that originally have threaded ends and castle nuts.  The castle nuts are removed with this set up.  The axle is left to float.  I've had no issues with either set.  
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
tamnalan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamnalan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2018 at 1:31am
Later-model non threaded axle shafts are a basic bolt-in.  I'm running a set of spicer-type shafts with Cutlas hubs in my MB.  You can run most any lockout hub with them.  The "tall" Dualmatics look cool and are popular for keeping the threaded axles but but those hubs seem to be pretty pricey now.
Alan Johnson
1942 MB - "TBD"
1943 MB - "Lt Bob"
1950 cj3a
M-100 x2
teardrop camper: https://forums.g503.com/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=201740
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2018 at 2:51am
Welcome to the page, BobMc!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
BobMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2018 at 8:31am
Thanks for the feedback. No rings with a overall height of 3 inches. I'll try to post photos today. I also meant to say the threaded axle not spindle. Thanks, Bob
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill, If I was married to you I would poison your coffee. Churchill's reply, if I was married to you I would drink it!
BobMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov. 2018 at 8:25pm
Hi Folks, I now have pics on my computer of the hubs but have NO clue how to post. Please help the Village idiot. Thanks, Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply