Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warped hub question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickeykelley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warped hub question
    Posted: 21 Oct. 2022 at 10:06am
I recently went thru the hub bearings, etc. and replaced the old lug studs.  We took the trailer camping this past summer on probably a 2,000 mile trip with no issues.  But recently, I just happened to be following the wife as she pulled Tubby and noticed on one side the wheel was what appeared to be wobbling.  I immediately got her pulled over the check and see if the wheel was loose.  It wasn’t and all seemed fine.  The hubs were not warm or anything but we immediately took the trailer home.  I pulled the wheel and the hub seems fine, no play, etc.  I’m wondering if maybe I warped the hub pressing out the old studs.  One hub, I don’t remember which, was a bear but they eventually popped.  I did support to the right and left of the lug when pressing out.  The other possibility is a warped rim.  I swapped the tires to opposite side and will have her pull him again while I follow to see if the wobble stayed on the same side or moved with the tire.  If it is the hub, is there any danger or issue or should I just replace the hub?
 Post Reply Post Reply