Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What can you tell me about this pump

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srlbotanical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What can you tell me about this pump
    Posted: 05 Mar. 2018 at 6:14pm
This is a pump that is on my 48. There was a plow on it at some point. I am currently taking the pump and control lever out of the jeep and am looking for some information on it.  

I'd love to trade it or sell it so I can focus funds on other priorities... like a wiring harness.

Steve
1948 CJ2A - The Good Dog
1997 TJ - The Trail Rig
2001 XJ - The kids ride
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2018 at 8:10pm
Looks like a Monarch pump, should say on the pump....made right here in Grand Rapids. Pretty sure their still in business. Hmmmmmmm! I might be interested. Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2018 at 10:47pm
It looks like an Eaton Power steering pump to me, used by many auto & truck manufacturers as well as other industrial equipment.

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar. 2018 at 12:52pm
Now that you mention it... the Monarch says Hi-Lo with Grand Rapids Mi. cast right in. Lee's probably right. Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 5:36pm
I wonder if Lee would know if a standard AC Delco PS pump would work to replace this unit in similar pressure and volume ?

Len
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 8:25pm
Absolutely!, most PS pumps run in the 1500 psi or less range. In fact Meyers snow plows used the GM (Saginaw) style pump with a remote tank in the late 60's &70's. Go for it!...

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply