Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do on your Jeep today - January 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2018 at 9:40pm
Regarding the metal brake - neither. I looked at Swag's and it is nice. But I found this on ebay. They are made by a small fab shop and are a good bit less money. It comes ready to use. I've been very happy with it and made quite a few parts with it.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan. 2018 at 9:54pm
After fiddling with it for an entire morning, I accepted defeat. I brought my inner windshield frame and three panes in good shape down to the glass shop. 

The fellow knew exactly what is was and told me of the Studebaker of similar vintage that he just finished up. I feel good it's in the right hands. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
CBAUER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CBAUER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 7:46pm
Started cleaning up the extra motor, pulling off parts got one of those fancy stud pullers to put new manifold bolts in (they have been soaking for a week) and proud to say broke all but three out of the seven studs. I can’t wait to drill them out, I’m so excited! not!
bkwudz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkwudz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 9:46pm
mounted my Warn Belliview 
Doodledad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doodledad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan. 2018 at 10:30pm
Nice touch with the Willys logo! 
46 2A 29938 (unrestored driver)
51 3A "Wilma"
55 3B Fountain
47 2A Yard Art
97 XJ “Lafaunduh”
00 TJ RockCrawler "Hooker"
13 Rubicon JKU "Alice"
48 C2A Eileen
00 TJ frame off resto “Stacy”
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2018 at 12:31am
Very nice! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2018 at 12:54am
Looks good
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2018 at 2:10am
Just one last thing to do with that cable...
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
wyocj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wyocj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2018 at 10:20pm
my new-to-me '48 needs to be primed every day I start it. The PO or maybe PPO had installed a NAPA electric fuel pump and it was routed into the mechanical fuel pump and up to the carb. Seems weird, but it will run... I pulled the electric off, and it goes oopa oopa, but it doesn't pump. I'm going to chuck it and test the mechanical fuel pump tomorrow. I'm hoping it's functional, but I'm ok with a rebuild if necessary. I see kits available for most stock pumps, don't know what I've got yet... is there a check valve at some point in the fuel system to prevent it draining back below the pump? Maybe in the pump itself?
Larry
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan. 2018 at 10:50pm
If you have a electric fuel pump that is working and have to prime the carb. to start your jeep I would guess that the problem is in the carb. Look down into the carb. while you move the accelerator linkage back and forth and see if gas is squirting down in the throat of the carb. If it isn't the pump in the carb. needs changed or cleaned.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 12:18am
I used to have to prime the carb every time also. One of the check valves had popped out of the fuel pump.  Once put back together it works fine now. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 9:54pm
What did I do with my Jeep today? I went out and looked at it, adjusted the cover to keep the rain out and went back in the house. I suck at getting this work finished. I need someone to do electric and exhaust so I can drive it...
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 10:37pm
I got my wife to give Scabby a pull start. I have starter out to replace the drive. Drove him for the mail!
Rick Estes
NCtoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCtoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 11:20pm
I've been in bed with the flu since Wednesday. I have been watching rat patrol on you tube for some jeep related entertainment. I've never seen it before but I find most shows that are older than me are better than the new ones on tv today. 
One2baja View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One2baja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 11:34pm
Amen bro!  Hope you get feeling better.  Use to watch Rat Patrol when I was a kid, loved the Jeeps!  I think they only did 2 years of the show.  Firestick with Cody is a good way to watch shows/movies with a good internet connection.  Another good old show is Combat.  Can't remember the main actor but unfortunately died in a helicopter crash doing a movie!  Just came to me Vic Morrow!

My progress came to a screeching halt.  Went to change the oil in my diffs...drip...drip...drip! oh no!  took the covers off, found my spider gears up front chewed the side gear some.  The back diff was full of goo!  All the gears looked good but a lot of play.  Debating on putting locker in??  Cant get the hubs off so i broke down and ordered the OTC hub puller.  Tried a cheap rental from NAPA but no luck!

Jeff
"I think that I have seen it all until tomorrow"

'46 CJ2A # 45124   
'47 CJ2A #104643 "Betsy"
'49 CJ2A # ??
'80 XJ
'95 ZJ
'17 WK2
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan. 2018 at 11:48pm
Yeah, I remember all of those old shows. In Rat Patrol the Jeeps ran V6s. There is a lot of worthless information in my head.
uncamonkey
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 12:02am
I wish you guys would stop calling them "old" shows, doesn't say much for us guys that watched them as kids. How did that guy ever survive that sand dune jump holding on to that machine gun?
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2018 at 12:26am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>