Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do on your jeep today - May 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do on your jeep today - May 2018
    Posted: 02 May 2018 at 12:29am
Here it is - May day, time for a new thread.

I drove the '48 over to the FLAPS to pick up the brake shoe guides I ordered for the 11" rear brakes that I'm assembling. Got home and installed them on the backing plates. After all that hard work I grabbed a cold one.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 1:19am
Pulled off all the paper/tape masking that I used to just put undercoating on the underside of the tub.  This will stop the future rust.  The rest is ready for primer.  Hopefully by Saturday I start the wet sanding, with paint following next week.Smile
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 2:08am
Used the hood of the 2A as a table to hold tools. It did a okay job LOL
shulls1stcj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shulls1stcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 3:52am
Put drivers side fender back on, chased down small leaks on brake fittings, fixed stoplight switch wiring. Wanted to drive her to work this morning and we had rain in sunny California this morning. Hopefully take her to work tomorrow.  
Steve
Ca.
notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 5:52pm
I worked on finishing the tail light wiring on the 3B only to find that whoever replaced the floor of the tub used construction adhesive or something like that instead of welding it to the fender.
- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by notzach notzach wrote:

I worked on finishing the tail light wiring on the 3B only to find that whoever replaced the floor of the tub used construction adhesive or something like that instead of welding it to the fender.

Bubba strikes again - that guy sure gets around!
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by notzach notzach wrote:

For some years now the automotive industry has been using more and more adhesive glues along with small spot welds to hold our daily drivers together...kinda sad actually...some body shops even use it now too...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by mikec4193 mikec4193 wrote:

For some years now the automotive industry has been using more and more adhesive glues along with small spot welds to hold our daily drivers together...kinda sad actually...some body shops even use it now too...
MikeC

I don't know that I'd call it sad.  It's strong and it makes it possible to put panels on after painting which protects against rust much better.  I'm planning at some point to replace the bedsides on my pickup.  If I ever get that round toit I'll be gluing them on after paint.
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:48pm
Running out of money for the 48 project so I did the only logical thing I could think of and bought this 46 2a, tool indents looks to be original hand cranker came with. More pics when I get her home. Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by wadoyado wadoyado wrote:

Running out of money for the 48 project so I did the only logical thing I could think of and bought this 46 2a, tool indents looks to be original hand cranker came with. More pics when I get her home. Joe W

Might as well.
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:29pm
Joe, That was a good move. I love your logic.
TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:29pm
That seems logical to me.
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:34pm
Hey Spinnas, I might have been sub-consciously influenced by your other post. I'm surprised the wife was OK with it(for now anyhow) Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by cpt logger cpt logger wrote:

Joe, That was a good move. I love your logic.
Thanks cpt logger some times you need to strike when the iron is hot! Joe
Spinnas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spinnas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2018 at 11:43pm

Hey Spinnas, I might have been sub-consciously influenced by your other post. I'm surprised the wife was OK with it(for now anyhow) Joe W

Thumbs Up Beer
CJ2AMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ2AMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 5:58am
Finished fitting steering box mounting, frame horn rebuild all tack welded in place, tomorrow tear down and finish welding then chassis paint, Friday back together and hopefully driving by weekend.  Anguish to get back on road after 3 weeks of down time. 

'46 CJ2A SN 40269
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 1:11pm

What the serial number? Looks like an early one.

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by CJ2AMan CJ2AMan wrote:

Finished fitting steering box mounting, frame horn rebuild all tack welded in place, tomorrow tear down and finish welding then chassis paint, Friday back together and hopefully driving by weekend.  Anguish to get back on road after 3 weeks of down time. 

Hey CJ2a Man,

What is your steering box from? I see it has a 3 bolt case and a fill port for lube, which my 4 bolt case does not. What pitman arm are you using? is it straight or dropped?

Thanks,
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>