Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do on your jeep today - Sept 18

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuzonRed47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 3:10pm
Dennis, that's a candidate for 'Vintage Jeep Photo of the Year'. Beautiful--and the sunset, too!
Thanks for sharing, made my morning!
CJ2A #140275 "Ziggie" (purchased new by my dad in 1947)
ACM #124334
CJ3A windshield, Warn Overdrive
1953 Strick M100 trailer
Serial #18253
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by LuzonRed47 LuzonRed47 wrote:

Dennis, that's a candidate for 'Vintage Jeep Photo of the Year'. Beautiful--and the sunset, too!
Thanks for sharing, made my morning!

Thank you for the compliment!   
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

I agree with LuzonRed47,   very nice photo!!
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 4:06pm
Yea it’s nice out west. Beautiful Jeep on a beach. I hear ya on the cold and wind
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 6:07pm
I tried to unhook the tail gate chain that I (stupidly) hid behind the new spare tire mount🤔. See Sept.13.post.
Rick Estes
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 10:56pm
BrettaJeep, That is one beautiful picture.

You are tempting me to come back to the PNW. I lived for one year in Canon Beach, & a different year in Lincoln City. Each time, I was one block from the beach. God, I miss that! Although, I do not miss the nine months of rain.
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 12:49am
Celebrated the one year anniversary of getting my latest CJ2A and ordered parts to repair the dripping transfer case.  I had the tub off for 9 months changed the output seal, and the lead started about two weeks after putting the tub back on. 

A fix for next week. 
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 1:10am
Originally posted by cpt logger cpt logger wrote:

BrettaJeep, That is one beautiful picture.

You are tempting me to come back to the PNW. I lived for one year in Canon Beach, & a different year in Lincoln City. Each time, I was one block from the beach. God, I miss that! Although, I do not miss the nine months of rain.

Come on over we’d be happy to have you. Not so bad now with global warming we’re down to 8 months of rain and it’s warmer
jbjeeps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbjeeps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 2:40pm
I got sidetracked from my work on Targhee yesterday by this trans and transfer.  It came with my battered old '43 GPW.  I painted it several years ago and had it on display at a local museum until recently. I had to move it out of my way yesterday and in the process decided to put a wrench on it. 

Oh boy, what a mess in there.  The trans is worse than the transfer.  I'm sure most of it is unusable, but I'm going to work on getting it apart and see what I can do with it.  I'm thinking I'll buy one of those 3 gallon pails of Evaporust and soak the trans in it. 

I always enjoy seeing those "F" marks on stuff.  It's incredible where they show up. Love it!

1970 CJ5 Dauntless, 4.88 (His)
1948 CJ2A Dauntless, 3.54 (Hers)
1948 CJ2A "Targhee", yup, still under construction but getting closer
Instagram: old_money_2a

SteveBonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveBonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 3:47pm
Fitted a winch.   This is a Warn M8000 with Warn 13910 mounting bracket.
The D-Ring brackets I got from Warrior Products WAR866.
It went together pretty easily with some minor mods to the bumper mounts to get it to fit and a few holes to drill.  Warn provided all the hardware needed with the winch and bracket.   I ended up shortening the power cables and fitting new eyelets to make the wiring tidy.
Seems a bit overkill for this little Jeep but the Warn has good reviews......
I just noticed in the photo the D ring bracked looks crooked - actually its level, the Jeep is wonky Smile

47 CJ2A
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

Originally posted by eestes1 eestes1 wrote:

Steve, thats very generous. Let me study it a few minutes and I'll send you a pm. Thanks!

Rick I have at least one shaft and a couple wipers. If you're still in need let me know. 

Nofender! So sorry! I just found your post. I definitely want the shaft. By wiper, do you mean the blade? I'm okay there. Or do you mean the motor or maybe the paddle that goes inside. Thank you! And again, I apologize for missing this earlier.
Rick Estes
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep. 2018 at 6:00pm
A local friend and active duty army officer has a restored, late war MB. He wants to learn more about maintaining it. So he asked if I'd show him how to check and top off the transmission and transfer case oil. Knowing that an MB has T84 rather than a T90, I read up a little on it. I read that there were several variations of the T84 and that the filler hole was on the passenger side. When he came over this morning, I looked for the filler but didn't find it. Then I looked on the driver side snd there it was. I wonder if the location changed during production? Well anyway, we got the oil topped off and he learned something, so it was a good day.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Bill2A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2018 at 12:37am
I think the earlier ones were passenger side fill.
Then someone noticed that the TC was in the way...
1946 CJ2A 14098
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2018 at 1:19am
Originally posted by Bill2A Bill2A wrote:

I think the earlier ones were passenger side fill.
Then someone noticed that the TC was in the way...

I think you are correct. I met him again tonight at a car show. Then another friend showed up with his 1942 MB. I crawled under his to compare it. The '42 had the passenger side filler. It must have been a running change.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2018 at 1:48am
Picked up the new seat covers from James. They look pretty good! Installed the windshield glass and some body bolts. Going to paint the seat frames tomorrow if the weather cooperates. 
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2018 at 9:58pm
I ordered the new Serial Number, Patent, and Dash Plates for CHUG. They are being stamped with the original engines serial number which is what was used on the Title my dad had clear back in 1962. Now everything will match.

Coming from dataplates4u.com

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
leecarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leecarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep. 2018 at 10:51pm
Painted some wheels. 
SteveBonny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveBonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2018 at 12:29am
Nice, they look shiny!    A question.   Is it typical to paint the bead where the tire seals?   Would there be concern for the paint to chip off during tire fitting/removal and cause a potential leak?   Having said that I am running tubes anyhow.........
47 CJ2A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>