Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to you jeep today, October 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to you jeep today, October 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do to you jeep today, October 2019
    Posted: 01 Oct. 2019 at 4:29pm
It’s crazy the year has blown by so fast and that we are already in October. As for what I did on my Jeep, I drove it.

Edited by TateC - 01 Oct. 2019 at 4:31pm
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
jijk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jijk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2019 at 7:57pm
Resealed the rear diff and checked the fluids.  Planning on driving over to my nephews baseball game this evening.
1946 CJ2A #55729
1948 CJ2A #172606
1952 Willys Truck
1945 Bantam #380
1946 Bantam #2629
Ducati Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ducati Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct. 2019 at 10:31pm
Finished rebuilding the back axle, all new bearings, seals & gaskets. One new shaft (long side) & hub, and a Lock Right locker. Honed the wheel cylinders, the wheel cylinders looked to have new inners, but all crapped up.
          This '46 is my first Jeep, what a PIA topping up brake fluid, as well I found the bleeders to be bigger than 3/8 but smaller than 7/16. what size is it??  
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2019 at 12:33am
Getting ready to install a side exhaust just came in need to repaint it first
46 CJ2A 17573 Sioux Falls SD
Link to Photos of Restoration
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmuQgE9e
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2019 at 2:56am
Originally posted by Ducati Rod Ducati Rod wrote:

Finished rebuilding the back axle, all new bearings, seals & gaskets. One new shaft (long side) & hub, and a Lock Right locker. Honed the wheel cylinders, the wheel cylinders looked to have new inners, but all crapped up.
          This '46 is my first Jeep, what a PIA topping up brake fluid, as well I found the bleeders to be bigger than 3/8 but smaller than 7/16. what size is it??  

Bolding mine.

10mm. You have some Chinese bleeders on your rig.
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 2:36pm
Took the day off yesterday and went fishing Big smileBig smile

- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 2:38pm
Can't think of a better way to go fishing than that Thumbs Up 
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2019 at 3:53pm
I didn't do anything TO my jeep, but I bought a new welder that I'm sure will see use ON my jeep Wink A Hobart MVP 210. Its an upgrade from a Lincoln SP135 Plus.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2019 at 4:11pm
ndnchf,
   Did you buy a new or (slightly-used) machine ?

I have been busy splitting and stacking firewood for the winter. But, I did order some "Goodies" from Pete Debella's jeep parts.

For my '46 2A project:
   I ordered the two alignment-dowel bolts that attaches the engine-to-bellhousing, lower bolts. Yep, I also ordered the Throw-out Bearing Carrier (T-90) for my T-18 to L134 transmission conversion puzzle.
   Today, I will go by my machinist's shop to see if he has worked on my pieces that need his attention. I sure hope he has them ready, but I somehow doubt it, as it seems I have been waiting for weeks.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2019 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Greaser007 Greaser007 wrote:

ndnchf,
   Did you buy a new or (slightly-used) machine ?

I bought it new from Northern Tool.  Regular price was $929, they had it on sale for $829.  Plus they give a 10% military discount.  So I whipped out my retired ID card and got it for $746.  That's a pretty good deal in my book Big smile

Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2019 at 5:46am
Drain the radiator of contaminated new antifreeze, pull the sender, flush the block and reinstall sender.
Add soap, refill with water and drive for 30 minutes.
Drain the radiator, pull the sender, flush the block and reinstall sender.
Add soap, refill with water and idle for 30 minutes.
Add phosphoric acid, refill with water and drive for 30 minutes. (Temp 170 at 55 MPH)
Refill with new antifreeze.
Idle for 30 minutes. Temp gauge says 170-190 with 160 thermostat.

IR thermometer shows more in the 150-160 range. So, I think the gauge is off. I should have tested it when it was out. Lower hose temp was 80.

Six months ago, I had the radiator rebuilt after flushing the block multiple times with soap and then with vinegar and phosphoric acid.

Two weeks ago, I pulled the radiator and had it tanked again. She was still running hot after the radiator rebuild and I was getting silt in the neck. This time, for a couple months, I had been running vinegar and phosphoric acid through her. Six gallons worth. I got a lot of grey material out (rust converted to iron) each time I drained the radiator. This time, I pulled the thermostat housing and flushed the block. All kinds of grey material came out. I thought I got it all. I put it back together including a NOS fan to replace the bent one. It was worse. Driving temps were in the 200-220+ range but would drop when the thermostat opened. At idle, I could get her down to 180 thanks to the new fan. The back of the block or head was clogged up. The gauge was reflecting the temp at the rear where the water was not circulating and not at the the thermostat. So, today, hopefully, I got it all out, but I kind of doubt it.

I'm tired of trying to get the temps down to normal. The next attempt will be during the engine rebuild.

Edited by Steelyard Blues - 05 Oct. 2019 at 5:48am
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2019 at 2:26am
Cautiously optimistic ...so, as not to jinx anything, there MAY or MAYnot be another running 'Lefty' in the world. Wink
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
TERRY View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TERRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2019 at 2:58pm
Picking up my front drive shaft with new Spicer yoke and splines.
BOULDER 48 2A
DMusil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2019 at 3:27pm
Sand blasted,primed,and,painted and installed tool box door.
DMusil
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2019 at 4:00pm
Getting my jeep ready for the Gettysburg tour and Mason-Dixon show!
chris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2019 at 3:59am

Repacking front wheel bearings on #13396.

New hub socket and washers from Omix Ada (washers haven’t arrived yet). 

New grease seals from Quadratec. 

Hope to button it all up before the weekend so I can go for a ride. 

chris

2A #13396
cjs cj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjs cj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2019 at 1:47am
Finally got the windshield latches un-stuck without breaking them.  When the kids got home they wanted to go for a ride threw the neighborhood to look at the Halloween decorations.  How could I say no
Cjs Cj
1948 CJ2A
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct. 2019 at 10:29am
little behind - as I did most of this Saturday and Sunday.

Took the Jeep for a ride. Made sure I was in good enough shape for the Mason Dixon weekend activities. Everything checked out ok. Just need to clean her up a bit. 

Spent time resurrecting the CJ5 I picked up. It had the wrong distributor in it. Corrected that and installed a new carb. I got it running pretty nicely with some tune up parts and a vacuum gauge. Now I have to tackle the non existent brakes.....
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>