Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today April 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveBonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2019 at 1:44pm
I'm interested in your disk emergency brake, do you have more details you can post?
Thanks - Steve
47 CJ2A
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2019 at 7:56pm
I have to finish putting together the transfer case I am going to use as a mock up instead of the read deal in my jeep.  An engineering student and the rest of the class started to bounce some ideas around today as we were working on that above transfer case.  I will of course take pictures and keep details written down so I can let others know. 
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Willys Guy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willys Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr. 2019 at 10:49pm
Well we had a few days of no rain, sun and in the mid 60's. So I drained the cooling system and re filled with new anti freeze. Also installed a new thermostat. Took her out for a test run. I also checked and tightened all electrical connections that had a screw or a terminal with a nut. With attention paid to the amp-meter. A lose connection there could be a shocking experience. And cleaned the battery terminals.

John
JC
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2019 at 12:39am
I'm the proud Papa if twins LOL

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2019 at 2:19am
Tonight I’m using leftover canvas to try to make floor mats .

1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
binthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2019 at 10:38pm
As the handle suggests, I've binthere-dunthat! Many many years ago when indoor-outdoor carpet arrived, I cut some and installed on the floors. It only took one summer for the rust to get started, and that was the end of floormats. Even rubber floor mats hold moisture underneath and cause rust. Best thing is Por15 or box liner. MHO. Final answer is, it's your jeep!
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2019 at 11:51pm
  I finally got my crankshaft ready with new pulley, nut, and clutch pressure plate to the machine shop to get it and the fly wheel balanced after a re-surface of the fly wheel from where someone used a hammer to drive it onto the crankshaft at one time.  The machinist (Ray) told me he does around 5 of these Willys 134 motors a year and assured me that there would be no vibration "that I could sit a cup of coffee on it while it was running".

Getting anxious to get this engine back together after breaking the crank shaft last summer and temporarily installing a used M38 motor that smokes and leaks oil at the rear main.

Jim

47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2019 at 12:41am
In a whimsical mood today and its raining outside, so 'Southpaw' got a Civilian Invasion Star. WinkLOL
A little 'artificial aging' and I'll call it finished. Thumbs Up

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2019 at 2:39am
That civilian invasion star is clever, and awesome! Great work!
John
'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2019 at 3:18am
SO I been wet sanding and wet sanding and wet sanding. Hey why can't the lessons come first?

I think I have a plan figured out though. Every where a thin spot shows up rather then trying to repaint that area I am just going to reach into that big box of Stickers I have got from Summit and Speedway and Jegs and Eaton and K&N and and and and slap a sticker over it. Give CHUG the sponsored look.....

What ya think?
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2019 at 7:03pm
I finished putting together the transmission/transfer case for the next jeep yesterday and today we did some trial fitting of the disk brake idea.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2019 at 4:10pm

And the 'aged' version.....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

northcoastsailor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastsailor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2019 at 5:41pm
Dropped off the generator (GJC model) and starter to a well regarded auto electric shop in Oakland, CA for cleaning, and picked up some genuine ship paint at the local chandlery to paint the Jeep Haze Grey (Navy Grey). Took the frame to the body shop to get straightened. Also going to have them weld up some additional holes added in the past.

Got back to the shop and cleaned up a bit. Started sorting parts to get sent to the blaster for blasting and primer. Will tackle pressure washing and wire wheeling the front axle next week.

The rear axle is sitting in primer (the first paint sprayed on this project) while my springs, wheels, crossmembers, and shock plates await grit blasting.

Edited by northcoastsailor - 06 Apr. 2019 at 5:43pm
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2019 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

And the 'aged' version.....

Did you install the star backwards?

Looks to me like you'll always be headed north.

Didn't you say you preferred to be headed South?
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2019 at 8:58pm
I really struggled making up my mind....I really was going to paint it on with WEST at the front but then I would have had to discuss that with everybody with OCD (that, and the realization that it wouldn't ever seem right in my own head either)

So if I was going to use it as a compass I decided NORTH needed to be straight ahead

So just to prove the age old saying about transplanted Northerners that like to come here and complain about the heat and humidity....." the road you come down here on also ....."   well, you know the rest.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2019 at 9:13pm

70 degrees here today, good day for a bar-b-que sandwich in the park....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2019 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

70 degrees here today, good day for a bar-b-que sandwich in the park....

Watch out for the tank behind you! LOL

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
1947-cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1947-cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2019 at 11:04pm
Nothing on my jeep but started to getting prices for a garage to keep it in. Then took it for
a nice Saturday drive. (First really nice day to do it).
RICH

1947 cj2a (Toy From Hell)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>