Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to your jeep today Feburary 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today Feburary 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2019 at 3:45am
Well don't give THAT guy your business!  Thumbs Down 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2019 at 2:45am
I ordered a rebuilt carburetor from scoutpilot.  He sent a video of it running and I can hardly wait to get that put on. 
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb. 2019 at 12:23am
I made the carrier and pinion set up bearings for my Dana 44 rebuild project. Fortunately the original bearings are in excellent condition. I'm putting all new bearings in it anyway, so I ground the originals to use for setting up the shims.

Edited by ndnchf - 22 Feb. 2019 at 12:39am
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2019 at 1:02am
The engine was spitting up through the carb when coming off idle. My tank still has a bit of rust in it. So, I cleaned all the filters and tore the Solex apart for the 10th time. A little bit of junk in it but not bad. I didn't road test it much, but it seemed better.
Package came with a surplus jack, some miscellaneous bits and an NOS camshaft still in the cosmoline from December 1956.

Micah
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2019 at 2:16pm
Heading over this morning to help a buddy part out a jeep. I'll be coming back with a D44 with 5.38 gears and a D18/T90 with Warn overdrive Big smile
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2019 at 10:47pm
Well my mission was partially successful. The D44 had water in it and the gears had rust. All I needed were the 5.38 gears, but they were worse than what I have. So I left that behind. But I did bring home the T90/D18/OD package. The trans looks beautiful inside, hoping the rest is just as nice. But the OD is the only thing I really want. 

nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2019 at 11:05pm
reassembled the D44 carrier with a Lock-rite. Had to clean up the splines a bit on the shafts in order to get all the parts to like each other. I'll pick up the housing from the blaster tomorrow. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2019 at 3:30am
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

Well my mission was partially successful. The D44 had water in it and the gears had rust. All I needed were the 5.38 gears, but they were worse than what I have. So I left that behind. But I did bring home the T90/D18/OD package. The trans looks beautiful inside, hoping the rest is just as nice. But the OD is the only thing I really want. 

Good luck on the OD Smile . .  hopefully rust-free . . would be a nice upgrade for some longer road runs.

Also,  the forum could use a good OD rebuild thread.  LOL
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2019 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by JeepFever JeepFever wrote:

Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

Good luck on the OD Smile . .  hopefully rust-free . . would be a nice upgrade for some longer road runs.

Also,  the forum could use a good OD rebuild thread.  LOL

I'll get it pulled off later this week and see how it looks.  Since it was on an M38, I suspect it is for a 26 tooth set up.  The D18 I just rebuilt is a 29 tooth version.  If that's the case, I need to talk to Herm and see if it can be changed to a 29 tooth.  
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb. 2019 at 7:13pm
I’m pretty sure I have a 29 tooth overdrive and will need a 26. I’ll need to check both the OD and the T/C to be sure, but you might keep me in mind. BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Cj2a noob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj2a noob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2019 at 11:33am
Am am working on brakes... I’ll just leave it at that
Cj2a noob
1947 cj2a
1948 cj2a
194? cj2a
Freedom21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freedom21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2019 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Cj2a noob Cj2a noob wrote:

Good luck!  And welcome aboard.  I spent a couple years in Great Falls.  I loved Montana.  Such a beautiful place.  Let's see some pictures of that 2A!
09 JKU
02 KJ
66 CJ-5
48 CJ2A "Lefty"
?? M416
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb. 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Cj2a noob Cj2a noob wrote:

Aw c'mon, at least let us know what you find.

X2 on the welcome aboard! As well as X2 on the pictures.
notzach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notzach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2019 at 3:04pm
Last night, I managed to split the 3B's transmission from the transfer case and get the TC on the bench. I need to find a few more tools and start rebuilding this thing.
- 1944 MB "Norm"
- 1960 CJ-3B
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2019 at 9:58pm
I got the overdrive off the M38 trans/TC. It's a 26 tooth as I suspected, but it looks very nice. No damage, no significant wear from what I can see. I'm pretty pleasedSmile

Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 3:08am
Welcome to the page, Cj2a noob!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 11:43pm
ndnchf, I checked my overdrive, and it is a 26-tooth gear. Should be what I need, and won't do you any good.   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb. 2019 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

ndnchf, I checked my overdrive, and it is a 26-tooth gear. Should be what I need, and won't do you any good.   BW

No problem, but thanks for looking. I need to get my Dana 44 project done before doing anything with the OD. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>