Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today March 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do to your jeep today March 2019
    Posted: 01 Mar. 2019 at 12:09pm
Spring is just around the corner, so we better get ready for some driving time.  Today I swapped the transmission parts in the hot tank with the transfer case parts to clean them all up. 
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2019 at 3:29pm
Change the oil and get ready to go Jeeping tomorrow.
1947 CJ2A 225V6 SM420 D30 PLok/D44 D/Locker Warn OD 5:38s
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2019 at 8:29pm
Does looking at them out the kitchen window / door count? I do that everyday.
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar. 2019 at 9:01pm
Counts here ! Its what Ive been doing.
Rick Estes
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2019 at 12:11am
Originally posted by eestes1 eestes1 wrote:

Counts here ! Its what Ive been doing.

Awesome sauce!

It is suppose to be sunny in the 40's all weekend so I should be able to do something to one of the Jeeps. Key words are "suppose to be nice." We will have to wait and see.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2019 at 12:18am
Its supposed to be decent here tomorrow. I hope to meet a flat fender buddy at a 1950s bbq place for lunch.Tongue
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2019 at 12:21am
Easy. get some modeling clay and make a cone. Place some plastic wrap over the top so it doesn't stick to the hood,close the hood and latch it. Beat on the hood a few times, open it and measure what is left.
uncamonkey
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2019 at 8:20pm
Picked up the generator and new regulator. Put it all back in place. Jumped the "A" to power a couple times and started it up. It sure looks good to see that amp needle jump to the + side! Big smile
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2019 at 9:43pm
spent half the day dialing in the TBI system in the crawler. It hasn't been right for a while. But now she sounds crisp and nasty! Looking forward to taking it for a rip. 

Now back to my Dana 44 floater build. It's coming together.....
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2019 at 10:52pm
I got my new carburetor put on and adjusted.
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 7:02pm
It has been so beautiful on the coast I had to go to the beach. This is why I don't want to take my '47 apart, although it needs a lot of help.

67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 7:17pm
Cleaning my oil pan I took off.
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 11:16pm
I had to removed about 2” of foam from my bottom front seat pans .I found I was seating to high when I had my canvas top on.Still have to do the passenger seat.Here is a picture of the difference with the passenger seat.It’s fun doing adjustments and maintenance in the winter because  when Spring arrives it’s driving time...

1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 11:30pm
I took apart my hand crank siren to lubricate it. Now it cranks and wails as it shouldSmile
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

It has been so beautiful on the coast I had to go to the beach. This is why I don't want to take my '47 apart, although it needs a lot of help.

I'll openly admit I'm jealous. Seems you do lots of driving while I just do lots of working. I think I'm doing this Jeep thing completely backwards.
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
jeepingben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepingben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar. 2019 at 11:55pm
Finally got started replacing the drivers side floor.

I did the passenger side a few years ago.  Removed the old floors (brazed patch, bolted patch, a little original floor) and ordered parts.

I'll be replacing the fuel line to the fuel pump, sanding and painting the gas tank, doing the floor, hat channels, cowl step, and putting back the correct gas tank mounting. The holes the pedals pass through were expanded to work with the lift kit.  Now that I have removed that I can close up the holes too.  I ordered the floor pan that had the holes pre-cut so hopefully things line up.

edit.  Giving up on images.  I paste in the url: https://jeepingben.net/nextcloud/s/6JE8dsEMQy8oQDm/preview or https://jeepingben.net/nextcloud/index.php/s/6JE8dsEMQy8oQDm/preview it looks good in the preview, but once I post, the image urls are changed to https://jeepingben/nextcloud/s/6JE8dsEMQy8oQDm/preview (.net is missing) or https://jeepingben.net/nextcloud/index/s/6JE8dsEMQy8oQDm/preview (.php is missing on index.php).

Edited by jeepingben - 04 Mar. 2019 at 2:17am
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2019 at 1:20am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

So when’s the new motor going in?  Spring flings coming up
48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2019 at 1:48am
Redid the front and rear brake lines so they hug the axle better. Just in case I ever actually get to drive her and maybe go over something tall, then maybe it won't tear the brake line off. Stared at a trico wiper motor for a while trying to figure out how to mount a wiper arm when there's no knurled knob. Misplaced the nut that came with it. And started working on a coolant overflow setup. Again, only in case I ever get to drive anywhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>