Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today March 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2019 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by Flatfender Ben Flatfender Ben wrote:

My 3B was to clean so I gave it a mud bath....

Ahhhh much better!

Doh!! so that's what's in store for me eh Ben?? 

Edited by RICKG - 07 Mar. 2019 at 8:17pm
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2019 at 11:13pm
Walked right by it. It looked cold. 

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar. 2019 at 11:57pm
That ain't mud. You have mud on you windshield when you debate using a shovel first to get the top layer off.
uncamonkey
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2019 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

That ain't mud. You have mud on you windshield when you debate using a shovel first to get the top layer off.

No mud just a little white rain. One of the many types of rain we have here in South West Washington. 
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2019 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

A Willys and a square body!?!
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2019 at 2:01am
Originally posted by berettajeep berettajeep wrote:

Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

A Willys and a square body!?!

Not mine Dennis.  I had one once though. Long ago. I’m supposed to be helping the daughters boyfriend fix it. Put a Holley sniper on it. It ran for 3 months but now not so much. 
nivrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nivrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2019 at 5:49am
I pulled the SM420 out of Willbur to replace a bad throwout bearing in preparation for Moab...
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar. 2019 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by nivrat nivrat wrote:

I pulled the SM420 out of Willbur to replace a bad throwout bearing in preparation for Moab...

"AND narrowly escaped a run-in with a rattle snake" - WTF!!! - I would crap my pants (literally) Confused
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2019 at 4:22am
She wasn't running right. Pulled the air filter reservoir and found it half full of water. Second time this happened. Even after installing a drip rail.
Got it all back together and parked her back in her spot. Grabbed the parking brake and the cable broke. Well, 72 years aint a bad service life. Good excuse to order some other things I was looking at.

Micah

Edited by Steelyard Blues - 09 Mar. 2019 at 11:40pm
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2019 at 7:51pm
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2019 at 7:56pm
We hung out at 4 Wheel Parts with Veronica. A beautiful day for a drive. 
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2019 at 10:31pm
Swung the new axle under the rear of the Jeep. Still waiting on a few seals. Found the driveshaft to be a bit short. The 44 is shorter than the 41? Who knew. I'll solve that issue tomorrow.....
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
1947-cj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1947-cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar. 2019 at 11:13pm
Been rebuilding the front end. New knuckles, bearing, steering joints. I Haven't finish
the alignment yet, but my I used something laying my shop which I think you will like.
RICH

1947 cj2a (Toy From Hell)
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2019 at 1:11am
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

Swung the new axle under the rear of the Jeep. Still waiting on a few seals. Found the driveshaft to be a bit short. The 44 is shorter than the 41? Who knew. I'll solve that issue tomorrow.....

It is? I didnt know that. How much shorter?
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2019 at 3:50am

Replaced rear hub on the 2A.
Then headed off to the local St. Pats. day parade.
Cold & rainy today. 2 sick Grandkids didn't make it, but my oldest & daughter toughed it out.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

It is? I didnt know that. How much shorter?

I'll measure both axles today. But put it this way - the driveshaft is fully extended and it won't quite reach the saddles on the pinion yoke. I did discover that the leaf spring saddles on the D41 were cut off and rewelded on at some point. The pinion points upward quite a bit more than the 44. So that may be compounding the issue. The t case has the early style yoke flange - the short one. So i'll swap that to a later style. It will give me more angularity as well as 1/4 inch more length. Swapping the yoke flange will get it all to connect. But running the shaft at full extension is not my idea of correct. I have soem drive shafts kicking around. If i have to, I'll make a new one that's a bit longer. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2019 at 12:15pm
I'm not familiar with the difference between the early and late style TC yoke. One of them is longer? I have an M38 TC on the bench right now to compare. The M38 used a D44. I also have the M38 drive shafts. Last week I crawled under my CJ2A to compare the rear drive shaft lengths. While not an exact measurement, holding the M38 drive shaft up next to the other one, they looked the same length to me. The only noticeable difference is the M38 tube is a larger diameter.  If there are any measurements you need, let me know.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

I'm not familiar with the difference between the early and late style TC yoke. One of them is longer? I have an M38 TC on the bench right now to compare. The M38 used a D44. I also have the M38 drive shafts. Last week I crawled under my CJ2A to compare the rear drive shaft lengths. While not an exact measurement, holding the M38 drive shaft up next to the other one, they looked the same length to me. The only noticeable difference is the M38 tube is a larger diameter.  If there are any measurements you need, let me know.

The early yoke flange measures 1.375 from the mount surface to the center of the U-joint. The later style is 1.60. There are two Spicer numbers that escape me now. I'm pretty sure the driveshafts are the same, as you confirmed. I think the 2.5 lift, was compensated for with the previously modified pads. Now without the modified pads, we are coming up short. I"ll get out there today and fiddle about. I"ll come up with an answer. 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>