Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do TO your Jeep today, Nov. 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do TO your Jeep today, Nov. 2021
    Posted: 09 Nov. 2021 at 6:34pm
PLUGS.

drilled some drain holes. primer-ed em' up. was not wanting to search the side of the road for a can to cut open to bail er' out with anymore. the side hole is not at the level of the floor, and when the PO made modifications for the shovel and axe on the passenger side, he did not put the side hole back in. those are NOT my welds! or my bondo work either. this Jeep is a bit rough and tumble (as you can see) so it does no harm. have nice rubber plugs that fit very tight.

i also ran a battery tender "plug" down front and between the grill and the frame next to the winch cables.

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov. 2021 at 8:49pm
    Well, today I looked at the two front seat frames for my '46 cj2a.   They need attention and more.  :)
I haven't a clue what to do with cushions.   The old metal springs are beyond repair, so I'm not so sure whether to go firm foam like in a boat seat, OR, go with aftermarket replacement springs and foam-over cushions ?

So,  I like the idea of canvas, but may be tough on bare skin wearing shorts.    Hmm
Now, if I choose to go vinyl covers, then legs sweat and get slippery, so need a towel to sit on.
A good cloth in a gray tweed like newer auto upholstery may be the ticket for slip-resistance and comfort while riding and does breath somewhat.    And, the newer upholstery cloth is Scotch Guarded.

I'm back inside the house with the wood burner percolating.   No work on the seat frames yet.
Although, I did drag home an old school bus seat for the tubular frame bends for patching mine.
      I keep my willys parked out between the house and the barn/ shop so i can Oogle at it each day.

Later !
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov. 2021 at 6:32pm
Finally got my sandblaster issues figured out and started to sandblast the frame on my 46.
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Downs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov. 2021 at 8:48pm
Started cleaning up the frame today.  Got the top half wire wheeled off with the assistance of a needle scaler as well.  Cut off the old rusted though battery tray and welded in a new one.  Also welded up the cracks I found on the top half of the frame.  Tomorrow I'm going to flip it over and do the bottom.  
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2021 at 9:47am

Out checking the back fields yesterday.  The crop was taken off 2 weeks ago.  Deer season is in full swing here.  The 1946 makes a great utility vehicle on the farm.

Edited by Stev - 18 Nov. 2021 at 9:54am
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
GoodyearNDT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoodyearNDT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2021 at 5:46pm
I tried to fill up my steering box, and came out the next day to a big puddle, lol ok, guess I should investigate that.  So, I opened it up and found out I had packed it with grease 25 years ago!!  Looks like this simple fill up is going to turn into a project.

Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec. 2021 at 9:23pm
Reworked the jack crank handle I made to use with the M-151 Scissors Jack I will be carrying. Made it so it will now fit into the tool box and instead of a crank handle I welded a socket on to the end of the rod so I can just use a 3/8" ratchet.

Started working on a way to mount the Air/Fuel ratio gauge and a clock above the Tach and Vacuum gauge. It will end up a simple 2 hole type panel mount like is used under dash but this will actually attach to the underside of my Defroster Tube.

I reorganized some of the stuff in my underseat tool box to make more room.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2021 at 6:41pm
Pulled a few random pieces off of my parts jeep... fan, air cleaner brackets, trans cover, starter. They're getting squirreled away in the parts shed and eventually the body tub and frame will go to scrap. The poor old thing came from coastal east Texas where it rotted, had bits and scraps of junk metal welded, screwed and riveted on, and then rotted more. It's been odd that as rotten as the body and frame are the engine, trans and diffs have been in dang good shape. So far, all those parts have been free turning and haven't contained any water or rust.
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
 Post Reply Post Reply