Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do to your jeep today?  October 2018
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do to your jeep today? October 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do to your jeep today? October 2018
    Posted: 02 Oct. 2018 at 12:35am
Today I pulled off the rear drums to start the hunt to figure out why I did not have any rear brakes on the dual master cylinder.  More to follow

Edited by redrunner - 03 Oct. 2018 at 8:06pm
“Life is tough, but it’s tougher if you’re stupid.”
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2018 at 1:50am
Wow! It's October already! Installed the hood, passenger seat, brake and clutch pedals. Choke cable and re routed some of the wiring to make it look a little cleaner. 
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2018 at 1:51am
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2018 at 1:52am
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2018 at 4:00am
Originally posted by usmcpmi usmcpmi wrote:

...re routed some of the wiring to make it look a little cleaner. 

It looked pretty clean before; it must be sanitary now, at least!  Thumbs Up 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2018 at 9:01am
usmcpmi your getting to the fun stage of almost done.  That is a great feeling.  It looks great!
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2018 at 11:37am
Redrunner - since you started this month's "what did you do" thread, can you add "October 18" to the title?  That will help keep the monthly threads organized and searchable. Thanks

Edited by ndnchf - 02 Oct. 2018 at 11:40am
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2018 at 11:46am
Good suggestion, Steve. And thanks for the "BTT" definition! We loaded Scabby and did a trial run. Seems ok, but maybe a little front heavy.  The hitch dropped an inch and a half, so I guess we're good.
Once again I forgot to resize the photo, so I'll post that in a minute.

Edited by eestes1 - 02 Oct. 2018 at 11:52am
Rick Estes
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2018 at 1:04am
Installed the speedometer cable, hood latches, crawled under the dash and connected the (+) wire from the voltage regulator to the amp gauge. Installed the shift boot. Fuel tank is set to arrive on Friday.... baby steps now...Wink
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct. 2018 at 11:29pm
I finally have a proper MEEP MEEP horn. Mine was missing, so a while back I bought a clunker off ebay complete with the bracket. I sent it to my buddy who works on Auto-Lite horns as a hobby. He refurbed it for me and I installed it tonight. After a little adjustment, I get a distinctive MEEP MEEP Big smile 

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2018 at 2:03am
Ohh...so close I can taste it! Connected the parking brake cable, installed the gas pedal and mirror bracket. Finished bolting on the hood latches. Tomorrow I'm taking a break to sight in the deer rifle...Big smile
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2018 at 2:55am
I drove mine to work.  Added air to the tires and greased it at the end of the work day.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2018 at 3:26am
  I took mine out for the second time today since the engine change.  Took my wife out to a late lunch and enjoyed a ride on some county roads.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2018 at 4:44am
Drove Wilson to work today.    Wednesdays are "Breakfast Buddy" days.   I pick up my buddy to take to elementary school on these days  (rather than wait at school for the bus to show up)

My buddy asked last week if we could ride in "old green Jeep" some day.   The weather was forecast to be nice today,  so we did it!!
redrunner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct. 2018 at 9:33am
Yesterday was the last car show of the year with beautiful weather in the 90's, so I got the brakes back together to hit the show.  Today's mission is to tear out all the "special valves to make the brake work correctly" and return it to just the wheel cylinders, calipers, lines and master cylinder.  Maybe this will give me a solid brake peddle.Smile
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2018 at 1:56am
Set the toe-in, installed the pto shift boot. Measured and drilled pilot holes to mount the wiper motors. Kind of a short list, but I did get the 30'06 sighted in...3 shot group a little high and right ( about an inch out) made a little adjustment, the back in the center for the next 3... "here Bamby, come out and play!" 
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2018 at 12:19pm
Absolutely nothing was done to jeep, but I did confirm that it still lurks in garage. 

Found another project jeep...

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2018 at 12:45pm
Not yesterday, but Wednesday we hauled him nearly 500 miles from home to Bryson City,  NC. Went fine! We met my nephew and his wife, and yesterday we drove the Jeep into Great Smokies NP for a short ride. We'll repeat today unless we can find a longer Jeep road. Tomorrow we head to Asheville for the SE Jeep Get Together.

Rick Estes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>