Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What did you do WITH your Jeep today, October 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did you do WITH your Jeep today, October 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did you do WITH your Jeep today, October 2021
    Posted: 19 Oct. 2021 at 3:13pm
fall colors ride and 4WD challenge. have been frequenting a widely varied terrain location close to home. videos and pics don't do it justice. hit many, many mud holes and decided to not scout the wrong one. dang near 45 degree list and filled the cabin with very muddy water. but the tractor tires never let me down. will require a cleanup day to follow.

CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
Thatdogdonthunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatdogdonthunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2021 at 9:33pm

Took the 47 out this weekend. Dented up an otherwise good body. Had a great time. Motivated to start putting together a beater. 
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2021 at 7:35pm
Out of the Blue yesterday I find out at 4pm I'm not working today (SAT) so I get to work on my front porch and maybe a little on CHUG. The wife wants some Caution tape and some string lights for Halloween so while she's napping (with a BAD tooth ache) I pull CHUG out of the shop and run down to the Farm Store and ACE and get what she wants then decide to run up towards Silver Creek Falls State park 11 miles up the hill from town. I get most the way there and decide I can hear a little more noise from the Transfercase so rather then run it low on Gear oil I turn around and head home.

Hopefully I get another nice week end where I can plan ahead a day or two and run CHUG up to my buddies place that has a Hoist and get the leaky transfercase fixed up.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct. 2021 at 9:57pm
I rented a log splitter today and used the jeep to navigate it into the back yard so I wouldn't get the van stuck back there. I've gotten vans stuck in the back yard before and it's no picnic getting them out.
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2021 at 4:08am
Changed the gasket on my front diff. One more leak done, two more to go! Doesn’t look too bad, bit of slimey mud in the bottom but otherwise looks serviceable. 
Thinking about the other leaks…… one is from my D18 but the strange thing is that it looks like the leak is coming from the pan / cover bolts. Question? Before I even think about paying with the removal of the case, Do the bolt holes go through into the transfer case? Could that be the cause

Edited by JonJ - 31 Oct. 2021 at 4:19am
Downs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct. 2021 at 2:08pm
Got the body finished yesterday.  The tub and all panels are painted.  Still gotta do the odds and ends small pieces but that won't take long.  Hopefully tomorrow I can start on the frame and axles with the wirewheel and needle scaler.  
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov. 2021 at 9:38am
Now November:

Used the 1946 to recover the lawn mower from the front field.   The rear of the mover slid sideways under the woven wire fence.  Had to cut the fence and pull the mower up the hill.   

Edited by Stev - 08 Nov. 2021 at 9:41am
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
 Post Reply Post Reply