Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what engine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what engine
    Posted: 04 Mar. 2006 at 12:36pm
     Hey whats up.  Just have a question abought my engine serial number. The casting number is gpw-6015. Serial number is on oval pad on the side of engine. serial number is mb422154. I have heard it is a replacment block but not sure does any one know if it is cj2a block,gpwblock,mb block or a replacement block.It seems to have a cj2a head on it.         &nb sp;            Thanks!

Edited by geoeep - 04 Mar. 2006 at 12:37pm
jeep not a vehicle
but a lifestyle !
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2006 at 5:38pm

You have a 1942-45 Ford GPW jeep block with a Willys Jeep MB serial number stamped on it for some unknown reason. Incorrect for the Cj, but definitely valuable to a Ford man.

IF you want to trade for the correct block I am sure many folks would love to do it, Myself included. 

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2006 at 6:05pm
I had an MB casting number jeep w/ GPW serial number but never the other way around.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2006 at 6:21pm
Hey Oakes, do you have any info on DJ numbers? That old parts DJ I bought that had been converted to 4wd has a 3A prefix serial number. Do you know what the DJs are supposed to have? (since they're kinda built with leftovers, I wasn't sure) Thanks
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar. 2006 at 7:30pm
They would probaly have a 3A engine, don't know 100% though, as that was the last jeep to use the flat head 4
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
geoeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geoeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar. 2006 at 9:25pm
thanks guys . I was cleaning off the motor today and found the ford script above the casting number and found some script bolts on the clutch.
jeep not a vehicle
but a lifestyle !
 Post Reply Post Reply