Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Other Trailers Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is it's?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is it's?
    Posted: 04 Dec. 2017 at 11:12pm
what kind of trailer is this one?
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 12:03am
Don't see any trailers!!

Arthur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 12:13am
i do not know how to send picture let me try again
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 1:28am
This one?

Arthur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 1:34am
yes
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 2:06am
That is a nice trailer other then that I'm not sure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 2:14am
Not sure. But it looks cool and has early rim on it. 
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 3:40pm
Other trailers I've seen online have similarities in the tailgate and stake pockets.

scroll down to images of yellow trailer.

scroll down to Providence, RI 1954 M38A1 ad.

This makes me think there has been a manufacture run on this trailer at one time.  The "dump" function may or may not be original with the tub.  Some of the above links show possible modifications.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by Rus Curtis Rus Curtis wrote:

Other trailers I've seen online have similarities in the tailgate and stake pockets.

scroll down to images of yellow trailer.

scroll down to Providence, RI 1954 M38A1 ad.

This makes me think there has been a manufacture run on this trailer at one time.  The "dump" function may or may not be original with the tub.  Some of the above links show possible modifications.

The big difference I see is that these trailers all have leaf springs and the original one does not. Could it be a post war Converto dump?

Jay

Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by chasendeer chasendeer wrote:

The big difference I see is that these trailers all have leaf springs and the original one does not. Could it be a post war Converto dump?

Jay

Well, the military Converto trailers are easy to look up.  And it seems obvious that the WWII Converto doesn't have any type of spring.

I don't know anything about a "post war" version. 

That one image Bob posted is the only one I can see of the trailer in this thread.  I can't tell for sure what's underneath which is why I looked for a similar tub.

Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 8:25pm
Is that not a spring hanger peeking out from the front of the fender? ( if you are talking about the pictured one.)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Arthur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2017 at 10:23pm
yes 8 on each side
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2017 at 1:25am
Another photo.......

Arthur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2017 at 1:32am
how are you posting pictures of my trailer? I pushed a wrong button I guess?
Arthur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2017 at 1:36am
are you the same Bob that asked me to send you pictures of this trailer ?
Bob W View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2017 at 1:47am
Yes, I'm just posting the photos you sent me. Smile
Arthur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2017 at 1:52am
why? I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2017 at 2:55am
That is an interesting way to have suspension. The box is sprung but not the frame???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>