Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What purposes did a 3 groove Crankshaft Pulley?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What purposes did a 3 groove Crankshaft Pulley?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What purposes did a 3 groove Crankshaft Pulley?
    Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:40pm
I have been tinkering around on my jeep and noticed that the Crankshaft pulley I have has 3 belt grooves in it and am wondering what purpose this might have served?  I am wondering if it also has something to do with a additional lever that can be actuated between the drivers legs just ahead of the gas tank which appears to engage something into the center of the from most groove.  

It does not sound like 3 grooves is common and am curious.

48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:49am
Maybe it ran a belt for a hydraulic pump for a snowplow?
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:58am
The only 3 groove I recall was for the crankshaft on the M38A1. It was used for all the radio Jeeps with a larger 24V Generator.
SpringerKing View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpringerKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:04pm
Cool, thanks for the feedback.  I find it interesting to try to understand what this little jeep has seen in it's lift time.  
 Post Reply Post Reply