Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What the heck!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2018 at 2:50am
Originally posted by mike in oregon mike in oregon wrote:

Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

You'll wanna take those hubs off right away.
  Why?
To gift them to me of course.
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2018 at 3:58am
Originally posted by RICKG RICKG wrote:

Originally posted by mike in oregon mike in oregon wrote:

Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

You'll wanna take those hubs off right away.
  Why?
To gift them to me of course.

Damn!... beat me to it LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2018 at 2:13pm
Hello my friends... I brought my best offer last night but we were just too far apart to make a deal. It’s only been posted for one day so he is going to try for close to asking price... I can’t justify that price. (Looks like it sold!) 

Overall the body needed help and I was worried about the oil pressure, around 10psi at start up. Needed a tune up and some timing. Carb was leaking and so were the differential seals. lights worked and it DID pop out of second.... Oil also showed signs of moisture, it looked a little milky. Brakes were good, probably could use some tires. 

Lots of little nice things, here are some pictures:

CJ-2A 200488

Key Coil

Original key?

R6575 Factory Rebuild?

Round nut

Ball on top

Straight bracket

ConfusedConfused

Found this in the corner, AJS? Looks like a racing motor with holes all drilled out...

Edited by ggordon49 - 17 Dec. 2018 at 2:09pm
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec. 2018 at 2:15pm
Having trouble posting pics will try again later
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec. 2018 at 1:49pm
Updated with pics.
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec. 2018 at 2:27pm
ggordon49,

Bummer about the price - time could be in your favor.  Thanks for the photos! Looks like a very late 1948 bellcrank ball on the top of the bell crank.    
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec. 2018 at 4:10pm
Yeah it is a bummer, but I could only do what I could do... I knew it would sell quick and it was really cool.. The thing is, the last complete 47 I got was free, granted it was really rough, but still. My current project I got for 800$ so when I see $5,500 that's alot to me! Oh well, on to the next one Wink
Stev View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec. 2018 at 4:25pm
Completely under stand about the pricing and the effect of other lower price vehicles along the way.  It is interesting to see the prices on old Jeep finally moving up some.
Stev
1946 CJ2A Trail Jeep (The Saint), 1948 CJ2A Lefty Restored
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2018 at 3:26am
Originally posted by Stev Stev wrote:

Looks like a very late 1948 bellcrank ball on the top of the bell crank.    

The bellcrank was changed at about serial 199,000 or so.  I wish Ol' Unreliable were just a tad newer...  Cry 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec. 2018 at 2:43pm
 I wish Ol' Unreliable were just a tad newer...  Cry 

Are you talking about you or your Jeep WinkLOL (respectfully joking)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2018 at 3:57am
LOL  LOL  Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind if both the 2A and I were a tad newer!  LOL 

I have been saying lately that it seemed to take a really long time--way more than 30 years--to reach the age of 30, but from 30 to 40 was only about 8 years; 40 to 50 was like 6 years, and 50 to 60 was only about 4 years.  I think I'm gonna be 70 by next week! 

Edited by Ol' Unreliable - 21 Dec. 2018 at 4:01am
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2018 at 12:46am
Wouldn’t it be interesting if we grew younger and we started out old.... it seems to make more sense to me... I think I would be more grateful and would appreciate more... 70 is something to be proud of... I hope you will get to enjoy your day Smile
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2018 at 2:56am
Kind of like an LP record (remember those), needle takes less and less time as it gets to the center of the disc.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2018 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Bufordjeep Bufordjeep wrote:

Kind of like an LP record (remember those), needle takes less and less time as it gets to the center of the disc.

feels more like a whirlpool! LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2018 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

70 is something to be proud of... I hope you will get to enjoy your day Smile

It's only 4-1/2 years away...  If I make it, I'm going back to my previous "ration" of 2-4 16 oz. bottles of Pepsi a day.  This one bottle a day is tough...  Big smile
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 6:53pm
   Ol unreliable,

Ha, I hear ya !    The big 70 for me is 3-years away. And I hope I get to look at lots of Willys parts before the 7-0.   hahahaha

And here I have had my '46 since December of 2017, and haven't driven it yet.

My wife allows me some 'lunch-money' for willys parts here and there. So it may be awhile before I get a new gas tank.
   ( my Honda Passport is needing tires at a min of $550 )
There goes the gas tank money. Again ! _ _ _

Maybe I should start-up a "Go-Fund-Me" page for my Willys. :)

Len
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 7:33pm
I just quit at 49. Been 49 for 12 years now. Liking it just fine.
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 7:41pm
Somedays I wake up and feel like I am 25, until I try to get out of bed and recall what I have done to my body in the next 40 years or so...
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>