Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What we get up to in the summer!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What we get up to in the summer!
    Posted: 31 July 2006 at 5:57am

Thought you mightlike to see one of the reasons (!) why the restoration of the jeep slows down in the summer. We take the Frog to steam shows and spend weekends looking at Classic cars (no CJ's (YET)) tractors, engines, and all sorts of steam traction engines. And as we're camping, sampling the local ales! Here we are on the back of a friends Sentinel (The one with grey hair is T and I'm next to him with the knees) having a trip round the ring sitting on coal sacks, not comfortable but fun! Quite a rarity this one - came back from a life in Vermont as a coal wagon, it is LHD and has an auto stoker. Goes to about 50MPH and has air brakes!

And here we are in the Frog. Part of the deal when you go to these shows is to park your car around an arena so that people can look at it, and part is to "do a turn" in the arena. There are a regular bunch of four Frogs at these shows, and we always cut quite a dash. If we meet anyone at the show who has one, we always try to get them together.
The base line is fun
46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:26am
I remember the Bugeyes when I was a young teen, around mid fifties they were the car to have for the kids in college as well as the 3000 and TR3. We see them in car shows occasionally.
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
Andy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 7:38am
My dad has a '58 or '59 Bugeye.  I go home every once in awhile and when I do we work on the car.  Got his brakes going this last trip, and now he's using it as his daily driver.

Kinda small for me...I'm 6'4" tall and I literally have to put myself into that car piece by piece!    And getting out?  Forget it...
Andy
Harriet View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harriet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2006 at 10:46am
They came out in '58, ours is a 59, they were, I think, the original budget British sportscar!
Andy you have my sympathies, although we have some taller guys who drive them, they are mostly of average height! I actually have more trouble getting under the steering wheel when I drive it! Glad your Dad uses his a lot, it's what we would like to do, but can't. They are the biggest fun though....(must stop repeating myself)
46 CJ2A 14509

50 Jeepster
58 4WD Truck

My Link
I AM the understanding wife!
Anyone seen my marbles?
Always hoisted by my own petard!
 Post Reply Post Reply