Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What ya get?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What ya get?
    Posted: 25 Dec. 2018 at 8:33pm
So small family small gathering so not a lot of presents for Grandpa

But the wife did get me a really nice Lithium Jump battery about the size of three big cell phones stacked up. Its a 16500 mAH 600 amp peak battery capable of jump starting something as big as a 6.2L gas or 5.0L diesel.

I have a very different idea in mind for it. After I use it to test all my fancy wiring so I don't need to buy the Series 31 battery I will run CHUG on until I am ready for it. I will then wire it up so it can be switched into the circuit that will run my Stereo, CB and GMRS radios as well as charge my Phone and GPS. That way even if I loose all power in the main battery I had emergency comms and buy plugging it into the Anderson Plug in the right front fender I can jump CHUG. Like having a Dual Battery but this one will fit into my console. I am thinking about buying a second one as well.

The other stuff was clothing and silly stuff LOL

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2018 at 8:57pm
I'm excited that I got a subscription to antique power from my brother in law and some nice luggage with wheels from Juli so I don't have to carry bags in an airport anymore. No jeep stuff so far. I'm down in tx for Christmas so more presents from my kids when I return. 
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

dluber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dluber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2018 at 10:34pm
My wife said she wanted some Essential Oils for Christmas so I got her some GL-1, SAE 30, and some 75W90. Smile
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec. 2018 at 11:00pm
Not real inspiring. A pair of sweat pants and a 6 pack of underwear. The neighbors grand daughter made out like a bandit. But aren't you supposed to spoil a kid that isn't even a year old?
uncamonkey
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 12:09am
I went nuts on the Grand daughters the two young ones 10 and 11 asked for Art Supplies we got them acrylic paint sets  Drawing pads  Drawing pencils  colored pens  felt markers colored pencils, Big gum erasers,  Palettes and even a couple dozen small canvases to paint on. Their Step Grandmother also loaded them up on Art stuff.

The 21 year old grand daughter I got her exactly what she wanted a Visa Card with money on it to buy clothes. Like I would try buying clothes for a 21 year old Girl LOL.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 12:30am
The most useful fun thing I got was a set of tire deflators.

But the most fun thing was a T-shirt from my younger son.  As I opened it he said "I'm sorry, you might never wear it."  I will wear it (in fact I'm wearing it today), and I think most of you will appreciate it just for what it is, but I think the back story (below) makes it even better. 

The first part of the backstory is that I had a '75 Jeep CJ5 before I met my wife.  That's the vehicle we used for family 4-wheeling trips until my sons outgrew the back seat.  Then I added the '71 Bronco to the mix, but ended up having to sell one so the Jeep went away. My wife really enjoys 4-wheeling, and since we started off frequently calling it "Jeeping" in the CJ5, my family still often calls it that even though we're not in a Jeep anymore.  So when she saw the shirt my wife exclaimed that I need to wear it when we're out on the trails.  But my son and I pointed out to her that since we're in a Bronco that's really not fitting.

But that's where the other part of the back story comes in.  In '93 we were looking for a vehicle for my wife and even though she preferred the Cherokee, with the Grand Cherokee as the #2 choice, we ended up getting an Explorer because the Jeeps were just too small to fit the dog kennel.  Then in '05 we were replacing the Explorer and she really liked the Liberty, but ended up picking a Ford Escape (which she ended up never really loving).  So this year when we were replacing the Escape she looked at a bunch of SUVs but ended up picking a Renegade.

So even though we don't go "Jeeping" on vacation anymore, my wife is a Jeeper now, so my son got me this shirt!  (And my wife says I need to wear it anytime we're driving her Renegade!)

Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 1:23am
THIS

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 3:07am
I got another cool piece of tin to hang up in my garage.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
bobevans View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 4:26am
My wife is definitely a keeper, she got me a set of Dana 18 TeraLow gears.
'48 CJ2A

'56 DJ3A

'79 CJ7

And two of them actually run!
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 4:36am
I met this guy at a car show over 2 years ago,he wanted me to do some repairs to his Jeep.He had a nice 52 M38 that was not running,it had a lots of stuff that was not done properly from a complete restoration. He had bought the Jeep over 4 years ago for over $15000.00 it was supposed to be a turn key ready.He had to tow the Jeep on a trailer to my place. I had his Jeep in my garage for over 2 months this autumn going over everything that was not done properly like the front end,electrical,engine,brakes etc.He came over a few time to help and to see how to work on Jeep.He was a quick learner.He put about $700 in parts to get it running plus my labor. I give him a really good deal on labor. He was some happy when he picked it up and drove it home.Over 30 miles.I did not know the guy before I worked on his Jeep.Now I have a friend with a flat fender Jeep.This is what he gave me in appreciation for working on his Jeep for Christmas.He had taking a picture of me when I was working on his engine.I’m going to hang it in my garage.

1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 5:41am

Not for me darn it. My son-in-law made this for his son. I picked this grill up this fall from Midwest Willys ( Harry & Jo) while we were down in KY @ the Cheap Jeep get together. I had it sand blasted. Steve did the rest of the work. It's pretty neat, remote control LED lights that change colors & nicer paint that my jeep has on it.
mikec4193 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikec4193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 12:34pm
For Christmas...hmmm

Got a PM from a fellow on the HAMB website and he is buying the current CJ2A that I have been tinkering with...got an email from his son this morning and they are hot to trot to get this guy home to their place...so I will be Jeepless again until I find another...

MikeC
I am the squirrel....
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 3:04pm
I got "confirmation"...  The smallest token from my youngest, but confirmation that even though you as a parent sometimes feel like you're talking to yourself, they hear you.

Coming up my kids, same as most, came upon situations that were frustrating, or maddening, etc. and they'd burn an awful lot of energy being frustrated, or mad...or worse, lol.  I'd frequently let them blow themselves out, and then remind them that nothing had changed and they had wasted a lot of valuable capitol going nowhere (and sometimes making things worse, lol).  Maybe it's the engineer in me, but yesterday morning confirmation they DO listen...maybe I say it too much Wink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 8:37pm
"What ya get?"

I didn't get anything, I had to pay fifty dollars, and pick up the garbage.......

LOL  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 8:56pm
SO meet anyone interesting on the Group W bench Bruce?
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Bruce W Bruce W wrote:

"What ya get?"

I didn't get anything, I had to pay fifty dollars, and pick up the garbage.......

LOL  BW

That was my first thought, too!  LOL
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
berettajeep View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berettajeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 10:20pm
I got myself some crankshaft dowel pins and some hardware, spoiling myself spending $60 LOL
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec. 2018 at 10:26pm
I asked Santa for more vacation days. 2018 was a little bit of a disappointment to me because I didn't get to do as much wheeling as I wanted to. Hopefully, 2019 will be better
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>