Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whats this 2A worth??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whats this 2A worth??
    Posted: 02 Jan. 2006 at 11:15pm

I need to make room in My garage so I need to sell one of My 2A's

What do You think its worth?

The only missing parts are the tailgate, seats, and gas tank. I dont have a title for it. Everything is original right down to the 6 volt wiring. I have never tried to start it. Frame is solid. The floors could use some patching up front.

Heres a few pics.... It doesnt have the home made half cab or pipe rack on it anymore.

Thanks!!

Edited by Matt - 02 Jan. 2006 at 11:16pm
Joshua Sayre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshua Sayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2006 at 12:28am
Wow in the northeast its worth a ton with a body like that haha.  Nice looking jeep I'm guessing 1-4k (probably in the middle somewhere, maybe a little high)  depends on condition of random things.  If the engine runs and axles work closer to 3k but that is a bit pricey.  If the engine doesn't run and axles locked up lower towards 1k.  With the body I wouldn't look for anything less than 1.5k - 2k (for the body alone and junk everything else). I paid 2k for a jeep that sounds alot like yours with a crap body but it ran. Mine was all original wiring and such and only thing changed on it was some make shift body work and i'm restoring it.

Edited by Joshua Sayre - 03 Jan. 2006 at 12:29am
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2006 at 1:05pm

Non running, would go for $500 around these parts.. I don't know if that tub is quite as nice as Joshua might think.. that's pretty heavy rust on the floor and wheelhouses, and there is what appears to be rot at the cowl support. I would be wanting underneath pictures before I gave any more than that. That is moss growing on the floor, isn't it?

For 4K it had better be shiny and ready to drive on public highways. For 2K it better be a runner, and almost ready to drive with minimal work. Tailgate and correct seats are gonna set somebody back $300 minimum. Add another $100 or so for a gas tank.

But I'm a born pessimist anyhow...lol.. (Years of project cars got me that way)

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2006 at 1:07pm
Wait a minute.. did I see a dash mount coil ignition switch? Add $305!'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2006 at 2:10pm
F Bill's pricing is pretty close to what I'm seeing in my part of the country too. $500 jeeps are still out there.
trader_reed View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trader_reed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2006 at 3:22pm

Edited by trader_reed - 30 Apr. 2006 at 7:06pm
Joshua Sayre View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joshua Sayre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2006 at 7:55pm
I was just putting a range.  I think F bill is right on with the price.  Body does look rough but its not that bad compared to most. Depends if there is bondo hiding stuff.  A good 500 buck project with no work but can easily get boosted if engine runs and stuff like that. 
Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2006 at 8:41pm
Thanks alot for the help Guys!
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2006 at 7:40am

I'll just add mine. In CO, where mine was, $500 to $1000. In this area of CT, 99% of the people wouldn't take it free. Guess it depends on your location.

Mine was free but it cost $1500. to transport it to CT.

I think it looks pretty good.

Edited by Ritt - 04 Jan. 2006 at 7:41am
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2006 at 8:44pm

well i got both of mine (the 45 and 46) for the low price of 400.00. this jeep here looks alot better than mine does from the pics. mine had no bondo to hide anything unlike all of the other jeeps i have owned were covered in bondo and paint to hide the crap. around me seems to be alot of rust and crap. i would grab this if it was looking for one. to find out what it's worth post it on ebay. i would hold off till the weather warms up a bit.

my 2 cents.

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2006 at 9:57pm

There are so may variables in a price , location, stock components, tub and frame shape, motor running, ect... Your best price for it is the person who wants one. That is the bottom line. Make an add that describes it as well as you can, highlighting all the best stuff and then add the stuff you think it will need. You will get it down to something someone doesn't have to guess at, then you will know what it is worth. E-Bay done right is good, it can also leave you having to sell it for cheap. Keep in mind that every guy that buys a jeep on e-bay is not there to buy the next one. I have done well on e-bay being the buyer, not a seller if that means anything.

Gary

CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2006 at 5:05pm
i have done great on ebay sell ing and buying. to avoid selling it cheap post it for the least you will take for it. it can only sell for that or higher. eather way you get the room you need and stand to make a few bucks or more. i sold 7 jeeps in about 6 months all of them were in different stages of decay. i made enough to replace the motor in my wrangler and move to the beach and surf for a summer. as far as i know everyone that got one of my 2a's was very happy and they all planed on restoring them. who knows what the did w/ them. you can see some of those jeeps in my photo album. the cover page is a blue 2a.
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
 Post Reply Post Reply