Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wheel identification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captianpattson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wheel identification
    Posted: 20 Mar. 2018 at 9:44pm
Hey all, does anyone recognize this wheel style? I got a used set of 4 wheels for my 2a and one of them had these hubcap slots in them. I also bought a 71 wagoneer that happened to have 3 of them as well, I just switched the two wheels and now both vehicles have a full set. I don't think they are original wagoneer wheels as they are 16" and according to my research wagoneers only ever had 15". Was there a vehicle out there that had this style?

'49 CJ2A in fewer pieces than before
My Build Thread
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 12:05am
Early Scout?

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
captianpattson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captianpattson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 8:15pm
Most of the early international wheels I've seen have the "bumps" stamped into the wheel.

I found these on a website, they said they are jeep wheels but not from what. I assume they have dog-dish style hubcaps. Anyone know of a jeep that came with 16" wheels and dog dish hubcaps?
My Build Thread
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 9:58pm
Early J-Truck wheel....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

captianpattson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captianpattson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 10:08pm
Awesome, thanks Roc! I'll do some more research and see if I can find some kaiser-willys hubcaps to go on them.
My Build Thread
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar. 2018 at 10:27pm
They'll end up saying JEEP on them.....I run 4 of 'em on my trailer.

The front ones with the hub cutout are kinda pricy if they have the factory rolled edge on them. Most just cut the center's out of rear ones.....just saying. I don't think they are repopping those yet.

I'm using mine on GM wheels (to fit my trailer pattern) that have the hubcap nubs on them so they will fit other wheels too.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2018 at 12:06am
These look a tad different than some I've seen.
They sure look like 5" wide rims to me....
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar. 2018 at 2:08am
Need Baby Moons. Nice, bright, polished chrome.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply