Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - where do the Oil Filter hoses connect to engine?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where do the Oil Filter hoses connect to engine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 101stairborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: where do the Oil Filter hoses connect to engine?
    Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:59am
Hi guys,

I am having trouble figuring out where the two oil filter hoses hook up to the engine. When I bought the Jeep it didn't have an oil filter. I included pics of where I think the lines are supposed to go, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the help in advance!

Ryan
1948 Willys CJ-2A
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 3:19am
One goes under the fuel pump. Take off the drivers side fender and look under the fuel pump. there should be a square top pipe plug. I am sure it can be done without removing the fender but for the sake of my back, it is easier for me to work on that side of the engine w/o the fender.

One of my engines was from a gen-set and had no oil filter.

Edited by ralf - 28 May 2017 at 3:21am
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:52am
Probably have to pull the fuel pump to get a brass elbow in that hole that Ralf is describing.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 8:43am
I was going to mention that lower hose from the filter goes down to the front cover of the engine. Some of the industrial motors didn't have that bung there.
uncamonkey
rocketeer View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 12:34pm
101stairborne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 101stairborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:01pm
Thanks for the quick responses guys! Just what I needed to know. Luckily the fenders are already off since I've been doing a lot of monkeying around in the engine bay!

Ryan
1948 Willys CJ-2A
 Post Reply Post Reply