Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which Photo for local contest?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 5:27am
#2 does it for me too!
 Good luck.

JR
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Ol' Unreliable Ol' Unreliable wrote:

. . .   Maybe you have a better pic from the Rubicon, though...

If I did not come up with any new ones I liked,  I was thinking of submitting something from this past summer's trip.   I was hoping for VA scenery though.

I drove around yesterday evening,  looking for something,  but did not come up with any shots that I liked better than the earlier 2.     This morning,   I decided to drive the Jeep to work (and to breakfast buddies),  since it was so warm.    I was hoping I might come across a photo op,   but it was really cloudy and dull light.  
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 12:24pm
This is a cross-post,  (from the "Real Work" thread),   but thought I would include here.

I put this on the Facebook group forum asking if a photo of trash would be ok for the calendar.  LOL

I like the color in this one.

If you did not see the earlier posting  . .   I was on the way to landfill,  when a crosswind blew the lid off of trash can.   I had to pull over,  and run back to get the lid.      When I came to Jeep,  I thought it looked like a cool photo.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Mike F Mike F wrote:

I’m on #2.

I had a chance to see the photos on a bigger screen and not on my phone.  I like #1 better now.  
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 4:23pm

I’m on #2.

I had a chance to see the photos on a bigger screen and not on my phone.  I like #1 better now.  

Oh no,  #2 was starting to pull clearly ahead,  but back to being close.   LOL

I am going to look at originals tonite and submit one.     The hi-res originals do look quite noticeably better than the compressed ones attached here.   
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 7:28pm
My photo skills are not up there like yours. But I just took this one 30 minutes ago in front of my house. The bright green of spring really stands out.

1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
thesnoops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thesnoops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2019 at 8:12pm
Top photo is my vote. 
Tartone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2019 at 2:07pm
From a quick glance, I like the top pic the best.  Something about the skyline perspective to the jeep.  I hope the flat fender makes it into the calendar.
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2019 at 2:39pm
Jerry45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 3:55pm
Top one!
1945 CJ-2A #11802
1950? Szekley Navy APU Jeep
Bantum BTC-3 Trailer

"They can have my Jeep when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:39pm
Thanks everyone for the help deciding,   but I think this calendar is going to be a bust.

The deadline to enter has passed,   only about 30 people entered the contest.  (this is in a fairly active group of 350+ members,  so I am a little surprised at the lack of participation).

In my opinion,  easily half the entries are not even close to calendar worthy,  and only a handful would look cool hanging on the wall.

I can't imagine too may people are going to commit to buying a calendar with this collection of photos.   Probably only 12 people,   each of the winners,     to get a calendar with their photo on it.  haha

Oh well,    I had fun trying to come up with a decent photo,  and enjoyed reading your comments etc. 

(Wilson is in the top 10 of votes,  even though entering late). Smile   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic