Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

While the kids are away...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: While the kids are away...
    Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 1:27am
Dropped the youngest back off at school at the beginning of the week, eldest is off at the Sox game... Willys date night!
Mrs. Mbullism getting ready to crush a seafood platter LOL
...alright, alright... I may have helped, lol.  I have a clam cake and chowder addiction...
If you want to have a quiet meal out, don't hit a local hotspot in a 2A...

...ask me how I know Wink

Edited by mbullism - 08 Sep. 2018 at 1:29am
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 1:47am
Cool idea!!  Onion rings too?  great idea to put the windshield down for a table on the cowl!  

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

wadoyado View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wadoyado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 2:09am
I'll bet seafood platter orders around the world have just gone way up! I know I want one now! After reading what you have to go thru to get a plate in MA, you deserve it! Joe W
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the jeep you've been driving all your life" (Mickey Mantle paraphrase)
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 2:40am
I'm hungry!

Oh, look at the Ford behind you.  Thinks it's too good for one parking spot.  Someone with lots of time to spare should block the Ford in and make it stay there for a few hours.
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
EMyers View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EMyers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 2:41am
That looks delicious. I see the “before and after“ shots are in reverse order!
CJ2A 18450

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/46-cj2a-18450_topic41246_page1.html

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 4:43am
Originally posted by EMyers EMyers wrote:

.... I see the “before and after“ shots are in reverse order!

Artistic license Cool
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 12:01pm
My mouth is watering, for the seafood and the jeepBig smile
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 12:04pm
That's awesome! We have to get out more in ours! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 12:08pm
Very nice!, we have a drive in place near us as well and a great place to go for lunch in a Flatty!.....

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

I've always got a kick out of running regular errands in the 2A, runs for walmart/bank/drug store blah blah... makes the mundane notsomuch (he said, telling ya all something you already know LOL ).  This was the first trip out knowing it was going to be dark on the return trip... had never really "tested" the head lights.  It was so enjoyable that I took a different way home just to cruise a lonely curvy unmarked lane and a half cow road with no lighting.

I'll be doing THAT again Thumbs Up
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

I've always got a kick out of running regular errands in the 2A, runs for walmart/bank/drug store blah blah... makes the mundane notsomuch (he said, telling ya all something you already know LOL ).  This was the first trip out knowing it was going to be dark on the return trip... had never really "tested" the head lights.  It was so enjoyable that I took a different way home just to cruise a lonely curvy unmarked lane and a half cow road with no lighting.

I'll be doing THAT again Thumbs Up

Funny you say that. I had mine out the other night. With the extra lighting I added, It's easily 50% better than my JK. LOL. It was pretty neat being on the country roads at night. I need to add some more lighting to the rear. Being a slow vehicle, surrounded by texting speeders, I really want to be lit up at night! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 1:40pm
The old Redwood drive in (now actually "Georges surf and turf") is on RT16 in Mendon, out by Lake Nipmuc, so we tooled out through Uxbridge on 16.  There's one stretch of 16 that's 45mph so that can be dicey at 38mph...

It's really a little like not having to outrun the bear though, in that all I had to do was slow up the one car behind me Wink
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 5:33pm
  That's a good idea Thanks for sharing, now I a good reason to lay the windshield down.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 8:33pm
Just be sure and wear eye protection when driving with the windshield down. 
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2018 at 11:57am
Hard to eat and talk at the same time eh? People waiting for their food or done while you just got yours are rude??????????? LOL
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Hard to eat and talk at the same time eh? People waiting for their food or done while you just got yours are rude??????????? LOL

No one was rude Embarrassed, and I can have diarrhea of the mouth if the subject is old jeeps LOL   from the guy "arguing" with me on what year or model it is, or the other guy that had a '47 but his focus drifted into stories of his ex-wife, the attention is all good ... peeps like jeeps Thumbs Up

I do internally roll my eyes when folks ask me if the carbon tet fire extinguisher on the fender is a jack, or the guy this morning when I took it for breakfast that asked if it was an M151 ( Stern SmileWackoErmm )... It's all good.

Best remark the other night at dinner was a tie between a group of kids that had a billion good questions, or the old timer that simply passed by and said it was good to see it still on the road...

...and it is.

Edited by mbullism - 09 Sep. 2018 at 11:01pm
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep. 2018 at 5:50pm
that looked like a nice night MB! Living the dream Wink
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
 Post Reply Post Reply