Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

White lies....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: White lies....
    Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 12:56am
When your wife calls you on your way home to stop and pick something up, and you play the "I forgot my wallet this morning" card so you can go home, get the willys and head back out Evil Smile
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 1:07am
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

When your wife calls you on your way home to stop and pick something up, and you play the "I forgot my wallet this morning" card so you can go home, get the willys and head back out Evil Smile

My brother used to park his Jeeps in my yard so his wife didn't know how many he had. She got a bit irate and wondered how I could afford so many Jeeps. She thought I barely had a pot to piss in. He sort of shuffled his feet. "They are mine". She does not know how many guns he has either...
uncamonkey
63owner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 1:21pm
When my wife discovers another recent acquisition (gun, guitar, jeep part) I have used the "Oh, I've had that for a while" line many times. Luckily, she's never asked me to define how long "a while" is.
1948 CJ2A
1963 CJ3B
Late 1940s(?) Spen trailer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 3:12pm
Women 'taint stupid. If you pay attention you will find she has probably gotten something for herself as well.
uncamonkey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 6:05pm
It's the old Patrick McManus line. You can have an entire wall of gun cabinets but you always leave one slot empty so she knows that you did not buy something. It seems that she could not count the gun cabinets.
uncamonkey
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 7:53pm
  We could also leave some made up adds laying around like pre 64 model 70 Winchester 15.00,  240 Weatherby   25.00,  Browning B78 6MM 20.00, restored 45 cj2a 150.00 etc.LOL.  This could back fire though if a wife was wanting to buy one to surprise her husband for a special occasionEmbarrassed

Jim

47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 8:15pm
When this one arrived and my wife saw the box, I told her it was a new broom for the shop.... Wink

Edited by ndnchf - 19 Sep. 2018 at 8:21pm
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 8:17pm
I'll take the model 70..

'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

When this one arrived and my wife saw the box, I told her it was a new broom for the shop.... Wink

I really like that Winchester Broom, I bet it sweeps clean.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 8:50pm
Pretty gun. I have a few. One of them has Lyman sights. They alone are worth more than the gun. I have a newer one chambered in .357. Old cowboy bit. Your pistol and rifle are chambered the same. Then there is my .45/70. It can kick the crap out of you if you don't shoot it right. I taught a few kids how to shoot it and it was up to them to deal with their bruises.
uncamonkey
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 9:13pm
I have "quite a few"... My wife refers to it as my broom closet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2018 at 10:10pm
It looks like you do reloading as well. I used to build up some wonderful rounds for my .25/06 and my .357.
uncamonkey
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 12:09am
Yeah, I make long obsolete ammo. Anything from reloadable 32 rimfire up to. 58 Roberts for a very early Rolling Block.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 1:40am
Not quit like hurling Coors beer cans filled with concrete out of a cannon
uncamonkey
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 1:45am
I went a different route I tell the wife everything. She has a copy of the firearms inventory along with updated values. She knows pretty much all the stuff from all my hobbies is wroth. Now I can't say that is the best idea for everyone all wifes are different. BUT I've so far only had this one (going on 36 years) to base my results on.

Tonight I brought home a new Pistol. I laid a rag out on the coffee table and while she sat in her chair doing her needle crafts I disassembled it and cleaned it so I can take to the range this weekend and shoot it. She got up and asked to see it she held it sighted down the sights and stated she liked the feel. Once I got the thing back together she asked to try the trigger pull. A little stiff for her liking.

I have made sure I provide for the household she works (granted now down to 3 days a week) we have very few secrets.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 1:53am
I told my wife for years that most of the parts she saw was only $50 on EBay/Amazon. 

Then one day she came home with some rather large legit flawless diamond earrings. I asked "how much" She replied......"50 bucks" 

Touche' my dear.....touche' LOL

I'm lucky. She's a unicorn. She doesn't give a damn what I do. So long as we go on vacation and she gets some trinkets now and again 

Edited by nofender - 20 Sep. 2018 at 1:55am
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
GJCJs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GJCJs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 2:11am
It's the old Patrick McManus line.”

Unkamonkey- alway loved Pat’s prose. Have several of his books and still laugh out loud reading them. “The Night the Bear Ate Goombaw” comes to mind. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep. 2018 at 3:17am
I knew my mother was prone to suicide. I did the best I could and show up with things to read but she loved the McManus books. I did love them as well. A couple of sisters love how I write and they exchange what I write. To tell you the truth, I can barely write out a thank you card for a Christmas gift.
uncamonkey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>