Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

willys dual wheel adapter ebay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:53am
The one on ebay is the military style where the outside rim is reversed. The later Civi one is longer and does not need that done.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
Oakes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2017 at 1:59am
The reason was traction and a smaller footprint. I've heard of them used on golf greens as the larger surface area of two tires on the greens causes less damage than is single narrow rim. Think wide tires that float on snow vs narrow that knife through the snow to the road.
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES, THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS
Orangewave01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangewave01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 3:21am
do you know where I can buy some of those adapters?
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 12:36pm
Tough to find. There are a few Willys parts and accessories that are extremely rare and expensive. These are one of those.
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 7:42pm
Lonnie Deweese has the bodies and I have the studs. I can't remember Lonnie's screen name but you are welcome to PM if you'd like Lonnies 'off forum' contact info.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 7:49pm
I have a couple of sets of dual wheel adapters that I had made out of billet aluminum along with the Joe deYoung made studs. I bumped my add back to the top in the items for sale section.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2018 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Joe DeYoung Joe DeYoung wrote:

Lonnie Deweese has the bodiesĀ and I have the studs. I can't remember Lonnie's screen name .......

It's Cheap Jeep (CJ)

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2018 at 2:14am
I had a machinist t friend make my bolts. He has since passed. I will lend one to any member in need to have copied. I borrowed one for him but he did not like the design. He said his desind was stronger.

Ralph

Edited by ralf - 02 July 2018 at 2:16am
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123