Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willys Rush at Rush Springs Ranch Missouri - Event Date: 27 Apr. 2019 - 28 Apr. 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2019 at 7:10am
Don’t worry Ed there are plenty of easy trails for you & me to go on. I don’t want to spill my coffee while I’m on the trails. See you in the morning. Party poopers were all asleep when I got here.
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr. 2019 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Ryan_289 Ryan_289 wrote:

Post on here in the morning what radio channel you guys are using.
We have been on channel 7 FRS
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Jw60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jw60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2019 at 1:13am
How are the trails going for those with open differentials? Hopefully I can make next year (i had too many obligations today)
47heater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 47heater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2019 at 4:59am
No problems photos & videos to come later
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2019 at 7:04pm
Here are some shots from yesterday:

Before everyone got there, we went out on some of the harder obstacles...

...... more

MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2019 at 7:19pm
After lunch:

.... more
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr. 2019 at 7:29pm
... then a few of us gravitated back to the harder trails:

This climb by Blueberry was amazing!

..... here you can see how much the hole swallows up a 37” tire:

.... yup. That’s Fuzz’s kid

After I’ve collected all the video, I’ll post something.
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Ryan_289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 4:36am
I had a great time Saturday!  There was a good turn out.  I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures and video.  If anyone has pics or video of my jeep I'd  be glad to have them. Send them to me on email or Facebook. Maldr427@hotmail.com.  Ryan Maloch. 

ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 1:17pm
Looks like a fantastic turn out!  Would like to have been there myself, just couldn't seem to get schedules to line up quite right.  I wasn't sure they'd let Rick come this far east, but glad to see he made it.  And Jeff was there...huh...imagine that, he made a trailride already this year!   Weather looked to be good, fellowship, food and jeeps...makes for a good gathering!

JW,  looks like after a short break to enjoy the springtime, you'll have to start planning next years Missouri Crawl.  Looking forward to making it back again!
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 1:40pm
I really like this park a lot. It has mild to wild but I particularly like that it has lots of obstacles for locker stockers that are "on the edge" of ability and can change due to moisture. The map is practically useless as far as determining the severity of a trail but it does help to get you back to camp. Lots of off-camber shelves that are not particularly hard for an open diff vehicle but are spoooky. There are also a lot of horse power climbs that get harder and harder to climb as the ruts get deeper and deeper. Typical midwestern wheeling where the first guy greases it up for the next guy and so on. Joe's Log Jam was a highlight for me. The group passed by it after lunch and it was jamed up with wranglers and such with winch line pulled. The "Qwaaazy 8's group went back to do it in the late afternoon and all made it with only minimal rock tweaking. The cave where the 25 person "ussie" was taken was probably the most fascinating thing I saw secondary only to the friends there. The green trails are well maintained so if you just want to cruise through the woods without lots of action, its quite enjoyable. Thanks J.W. for putting this all together and it was gr8 to see everyone again!!

Edited by jpet - 29 Apr. 2019 at 1:47pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 3:24pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 5:44pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 9:47pm

Well, Blake did not run us into any trees and we had a great time at Rush Springs this last weekend! It really sank in just how much fun it was being with you all last night after we got home and gathered at some other friend's house for another cookout. We were there in a subdivision eating burgers cooked on a propane grill and listening in on conversations dominated by the new Avengers movie and what is going to happen on Game of Thrones. I could not help but think about all the fun we had in the last 2 days. Between trail experiences, the cookout over charcoal and real fire, and the important conversations with old and new friends about Jeep modifications and Jeeping adventures, it was just a great weekend. Rush Springs offers trails well suited for any driver from those who just want a nice stroll in the woods to those are already addicted seeing what their machine is capable of. Thanks JW, Shane, and Chris for organizing it and the delicious food on Saturday night! Thanks Rick and Jeff for making the trip to join us “locals”! Jeff has been hard at work posting some nice pics and editing video of the weekend. His work is appreciated and there is more to come.
snave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr. 2019 at 10:33pm

Well the third annual "Willy's Rush" is in the books! Sue and I had a great time seeing old friends, meeting new ones and talking "Jeepanese". 

A very special thanks for JW and all his hard work to organize the weekend. The ranch was packed full of side x sides but when the "Willy's" gang rolled through the park looks of admiration were plentiful. Even some JK boys waved. 

The trail riding was awesome. Some great mild trails and some "gnarly ones" for the faint at heart. 
What a neat thing to be near the back of the line and watch ten to eleven "seasoned Jeeps" making their way through the forest with the Dogwoods in full bloom. The weather was equally beautiful!

The cookout Sat night was as good as it gets. Thanks to Shane and his culinary skills. 
(big word for an old man) Looking forward to the next time some of us get together again. 

A list of the "usual suspects" and rigs in no particular order. (hope I don't leave anybody out!"

Blake, Jayson, Jake, Brian, Jeff, JW, Shane, "Blueberry" Susan, Molly, Jerrod, Ryan, Rick, "Orange Crush", Barb, Stacy, Slade, "Bam Bam", Ellie, Dale, "Gus", Sue, Dave, Ed, "Olive Oyl", Maddy, Kris, "Thumper", Dylan, "Rojo", Alan,"CJ3B Mutt," Fuzz.

What a GREAT group!

Fuzz
Cj3bmutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2019 at 12:09am
Had a great time over the weekend of wheeling.   Thanks to JW for doing the leg work on getting reservations taken care of and Shane for taking care of getting the main portion of the meal taken care of and cooking.  Thanks to all the others that brought sides and dessert for the evening.  Had a great time visiting around the fire with people who I have meet before as well as some new people that I have been wanting to meet who between all of them have a lot of years of wheeling and many miles on the trails.  Looking forward to wheeling again with the group.  Thanks to Brian and Fuzz for taking us up the trail at the end of the creek.  I would not have even considered trying it with out blueberry and Rojo leading the way. 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2019 at 2:38am
Originally posted by Cj3bmutt Cj3bmutt wrote:

..... Thanks to Brian and Fuzz for taking us up the trail at the end of the creek.  I would not have even considered trying it with out blueberry and Rojo leading the way. 
Let’s see that video/pics! Who all went?
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Cj3bmutt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cj3bmutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2019 at 3:05am
Brian, Fuzz, Kris, Rick G, Jerrod, Dale. 
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2019 at 1:45pm
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>