Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

willys Sedan at Navajo Trading Post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodfrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: willys Sedan at Navajo Trading Post
    Posted: 16 May 2016 at 6:49pm
Good Morning,

A few weeks ago my wife and I visited Two Grey Hills trading post on the Navajo reservation north of Gallup, NM.  We went to see the source of the high quality Two Grey Hills rugs and weavings.  When we travel I often wear my Willys ball cap which will occasionally ellict questions about Willys.  And that is what happened at the trading post.  Les Wilson, co-owner of the trading post with his wife Irma Henderson, noticed the cap.  In our conversation about Willys he mentioned that he has a 1952 sedan for sale for $2,500.  The engine is shot and the body has some rust.  I told him I would mention this on the CJ2A Forum.

If you are interested in the Willys sedan or Navajo rugs/weavings, or just interested in seeing an historic trading post (established 1897) check out this website: twogreyhills.com.  Another historic trading post, also specializing in Two Grey Hills design Navajo rugs/weavings, nearby is Toadlena Trading Post.  Both are well worth the drive from Gallup, NM or Cortez/Durango, CO.

Rodney

Rodney Frey
48 CJ2A
 Post Reply Post Reply