Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - Tech Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

willys truck cab identification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chensley01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: willys truck cab identification
    Posted: 19 Apr. 2016 at 12:55am
I bought this cab and am building a rat rod from it...problem is there is no vin plate or serial number plate that i could find...i need to find a vin so i can get a title....i could go down to dmv and have a vin assigned...but then according to AZ dmv, it would be considered a 2016 new build and would have to follow 2016 emissions....does any one know if or where the vin or serial number may be stamped?
What i know is its a late 1950 cab..vin plate on firewall is gone..
Im having trouple uploading the pics from my phone.
I can text or email you pics of cab if that helps
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2016 at 2:59am
If the plate on the firewall is gone then the serial number is gone.....easy as that. Junkyard or somebody that has a junk cab with the serial number plate still on it is your next move.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
chensley01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chensley01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2016 at 6:26am
Well damn.....lol anyone have an old cab with a serial number plate?
Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr. 2016 at 11:39am
You might want to post your request for plates on this site:
http://www.oldwillysforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?12-Wagons-and-Pickups-Discussion-Forum
They are more geared towards pickups.

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
Buzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2016 at 6:27pm
Pickups also had a data plate with the serial number on the driver's side below the seat platform. 

I do recall somebody was trying to sell titles and serial # data plates at the Great Willys Picinic last month.  Don't quite recall what models they corresponded to.
48 2A #173267
60 Pickup
01 Cherokee
 Post Reply Post Reply