Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willys vacation Northern Wisconsin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Willys vacation Northern Wisconsin
    Posted: 10 June 2021 at 1:59pm
Trailered the old Willys north to Minoqua Wisconsin for a little R&R. Put her to work hauling boats around, exploring the ATV trails and even went looking for the elusive WILLIES DR. It’s out there somewhere....ya just gotta look.Wink

eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
DMusil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 2:36pm
We had a place in Boulder Junction for many years. Great vacation spot. They let you on ATV trails with your Jeep?
DMusil
Scratch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 3:22pm
Nice looking Jeep!
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 5:34pm
Very nice Sir 👍🏽..... You need to fire up that fine old machine and motor East to Blink Bonnie for a steak 🥩 Enjoy your trip .

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 6:13pm
I just noticed the sign in the background LOL Nice pics!
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2021 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by DMusil DMusil wrote:

We had a place in Boulder Junction for many years. Great vacation spot. They let you on ATV trails with your Jeep?
I don’t know if they “ALLOW” it but I’m “assuming” that since my Jeep is about the same size as a UTV that it’s grandfathered in.Embarrassed
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Bufordjeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bufordjeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 1:00am
Hi Dave:
In Florence County Jeeps aren't allowed on snowmobile / atv trials. Licensed vehicles are allowed on logging roads & fire trails, but atvs aren't. At least that's what the local, full time residents tell me. Sure is fun driving a flat fender in the N woods.
Bob 
Nothing Special View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nothing Special Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2021 at 6:59am
Most of the signs and regulations I've seen are based on vehicle width.  Under a certain width is allowed, over isn't.  Sometimes that limit is pretty low, allowing the single-person, ride-on-top-of "ATVs" but not allowing the wider side-by-side "UTVs."  No Jeep would fit that restriction.  Other times the limit is higher, allowing side-by-sides.  That limit is usually too low to allow modern Jeeps, but it might be high enough to allow an older flatfender.
Bob

Flatfender wannabe
'71 Ford Bronco
 Post Reply Post Reply