Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wire Harness for 46 2a Suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWII Jeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wire Harness for 46 2a Suggestions
    Posted: 02 June 2018 at 1:47am
Hi all,

Just curious what company you recommend for wire harnesses. I'll be rewiring my friends 46, and would like to get a complete harness. If you have a "stay away" from place, I'd appreciate the info on that as well.

Thanks

Ray
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 2:38am
Look under the "Member created" parts section. I just bought my harness there. Custom made for my '48. Beautiful work! MG 
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
usmcpmi View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcpmi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 2:40am
Look for mogger7.
'48 CJ2A/192948
'15 Wrangler Rubicon

Mark G.
WWII Jeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWII Jeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 3:06am
Thank you-

Ray
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 3:09am
I hear nothing but good about mogger7's harnesses. I have gotten all of mine from Walck's or Vintage Wiring of Maine, and am happy with both. I would not buy one (or anything else) from Kaiser-Willys unless they assured me that it came from one of the aforementioned suppliers, which it surely won't.  
  For what it's worth, my $.02.   BW

Oh, and Welcome to the board, Ray! There are lots of good folks from Colorful Colorado here, and they'll all be glad to help you. Looking forward to meeting you in person sometime.   BW

Edited by Bruce W - 02 June 2018 at 3:12am
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWII Jeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 3:24am
Thanks for the info Bruce..... Had to smile, we met a long time ago...store my 44 GPW at Lew's :)

Ray
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 3:32am
Big smile Oh, THAT Ray! Yeah, OK! LOL  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWII Jeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 3:38am
Hahaha, hope you are doing well :)
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 11:15am
I got one from mogger7, it was great. 
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 11:24am
Ray, Welcome aboard!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWII Jeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 5:43pm
Thanks, does Mogger7 have a website or anything like that ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWII Jeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 5:43pm
Thank You-
Mike S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

I got one from mogger7, it was great. 

My experience with Mogger7 was excellent. In fact he queried me about whether I planned on dual taillights, whether I was going to use the parklights as turn signals, where I was planning on putting my horn (firewall or DS fender), etc.

AND he wired in my original headlight sockets, provided a clear diagram, extra wire and connectors, etc.

I will recommend his wiring harness to anyone who wants a 'correct' (cloth covered plastic wire in the proper Willys wire colors) harness.
'47 CJ2A -- #114542
Warn FF D41 rear
Lock-Right locker
11" drum brakes
Dual master cylinder
T90C Transmission
16 X 6 Jeep truck wheels
Cooper STT Pro tires
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2018 at 8:38pm
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
tufcj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tufcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 2:20am
The above link is good.  I built my own (first time) and it was fantastic.  Really gave me a good understanding of care wiring. Simple to do and doesn't take a ton of time.  I built the harness over two nights watching TV and installed it in two days.  Probably a similar cost to buying a pre-built online, but good learning.

I think Walck's carries them.
I've used EZ Wiring and Kwik Wire with success.  Ron Francis to too expensive imho.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WWII Jeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2018 at 9:49pm
Thank you all, I've posted and sent him a pm, maybe he's on vacation.

This 2A is a friend's in Calif, and as a gift, I'm going to rewire for him this month. If it was my own, I'd prob take a stab at making a harness, but I'll be on a time crunch. I'll take a look at Kwik and EZ, thank you

Ray
 Post Reply Post Reply