Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Would anyone help me rescue an old Willys?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 5:44pm
If the original carb AIRHORN and/or CROSSOVER TUBE happen to be in the 'box of stuff', I'd be interested if you don't need them.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
eestes1 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eestes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:19pm
When you get around  to it I'd love to buy the parking lights. Good thing you did there!
Rick Estes
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 8:54pm
When you get around  to it I'd love to buy the parking lights. Good thing you did there!

If the original carb AIRHORN and/or CROSSOVER TUBE happen to be in the 'box of stuff', I'd be interested if you don't need them.

Is that the correct horn and mount?  I could use that on my '48 Wink.

Sounds good Wink I will contact you guys once the dust settles... Please note, all proceeds will benefit my Willys!!LOL Daddy needs a new second gear!
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by ggordon49 ggordon49 wrote:

Daddy needs a new second gear!

HA! LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
clayvt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clayvt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2018 at 9:51am
if you cloud slip in it a tube mailer I could take the rad support rod if it’s in decent shape. 
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2018 at 4:11pm
Coming along nicely Smile

CmK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CmK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 3:52pm
Aww man, saw this too late. I'm always up for a Jeep adventure and always searching for "hidden treasures" in the Nutmeg State. LOL
CJ-2A 43883 [SOLD]
CJ-2A 104976 [SOLD]
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by CmK CmK wrote:

Aww man, saw this too late. I'm always up for a Jeep adventure and always searching for "hidden treasures" in the Nutmeg State. LOL

I will keep that in mind for the next one Wink
TXtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TXtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 8:35pm
So if you're looking for someone to take that rear seat, I might be able to send a little cash for the Willys fund. Big smile
Ryan
'48 CJ2A SN: 161039
markcl52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markcl52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 9:22pm
And I'm looking for a set of 16" wheels. But I assume those are the last things to go, if at all. LOL
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by TXtea TXtea wrote:

So if you're looking for someone to take that rear seat, I might be able to send a little cash for the Willys fund. Big smile

Hi TXtea, I found out the rear seat is for a CJ5 Disapprove It's tough to see in the picture, but it has a pin/spring type connection to the tub. I was disappointed, it was one of the few items on the Jeep I really liked..

ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by markcl52 markcl52 wrote:

And I'm looking for a set of 16" wheels. But I assume those are the last things to go, if at all. LOL

Hi markcl52, I actually saw your add and I was thinking of you....  I would like to help you out - PM me if you like, we can talk Big smile I can always send you some better pics this weekend.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 10:06pm
If you aren't doing a restoration it wouldn't be a really big deal to either rework the seat legs or put CJ5 type mounts and use it.....it would still look 'right' to the casual observer...just thinking out loud.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

TXtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TXtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

If you aren't doing a restoration it wouldn't be a really big deal to either rework the seat legs or put CJ5 type mounts and use it.....it would still look 'right' to the casual observer...just thinking out loud.

Hey Roc, that's not a bad idea.  So Gordon, if you decide not to keep it, I'd be interested in seeing some more pictures and go from there.
Ryan
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2018 at 9:28pm
I'm pulling the Father's Day card and I will be working on the Jeep Sunday LOL... It's suppose to be a nice day and I'm looking forward to it. I have been keeping a list of members who showed some interest. Here is what I got:

Kulpfarm = Carb Windshield to tub mounts
CJ2A-CT = Tail lights
ndnchf = Horn and mount
eestesl = Parking Lights
Clayvt = Rad. Support
Markcl52 = Rims
TXtea = Rear Seat (I would like to keep this for now)

I will take some good pics of the items mentioned, If you are still interested, let me know (PM Me).... If not, that is ok too. I don't really want to sell anything, but as I mentioned, funds are needed for my 2A. I'm really not out to make a buck, I just want to get my Jeep on the road. I'm not a seller, so if you are interested, please think of a fair price you would pay so that we both win and let me know Wink

Geoff

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 1:18am
Ryan, hope you know I wasn't saying that to knock you out of it.....I don't think either one of you would want to ship it. Just hated to see him not use it if he was just after a 'period looking' rear seat..

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

TXtea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TXtea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 2:57pm

Ryan, hope you know I wasn't saying that to knock you out of it.....I don't think either one of you would want to ship it. Just hated to see him not use it if he was just after a 'period looking' rear seat..

Hey Roc, no worries.  Geoff never said he was going to sell it, and I was just stating some interest in it so it wouldn't be pitched.  I work for an airline and can ship cargo pretty cheap, so it's not a big deal.  But ultimately it's all up to the owner and no issues either way.
Ryan
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2018 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by TXtea TXtea wrote:

Hey Roc, no worries.  Geoff never said he was going to sell it, and I was just stating some interest in it so it wouldn't be pitched.  I work for an airline and can ship cargo pretty cheap, so it's not a big deal.  But ultimately it's all up to the owner and no issues either way.

No worries guys!! Its ALL good Smile It has Ryan's name on it if I decide to let it go Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>