Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

wtb Governor setup - **all set**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: wtb Governor setup - **all set**
    Posted: 03 Aug. 2021 at 7:30am
Like it says, whatchagot?  I'd prefer complete to having to search bits, but open to anything really.  Just seeing if there is anything around.

TIA,
MB

Edited by mbullism - 01 Nov. 2021 at 6:50pm
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2021 at 8:09am
I just removed one from a genset yesterday because I'm using the engine in a 2A or GPW (haven't decided yet).  Don't know anything about it though, but it seems complete and I don't need it.  I'd be happy to place everything back into position and take some pictures for you.  It might all fit inside a Flat Rate box too.  
GR8GPN2U!
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2021 at 9:00am
Originally posted by JAB JAB wrote:

I just removed one from a genset yesterday because I'm using the engine in a 2A or GPW (haven't decided yet).  Don't know anything about it though, but it seems complete and I don't need it.  I'd be happy to place everything back into position and take some pictures for you.  It might all fit inside a Flat Rate box too.  

Much appreciated, JAB.  No need to reassemble anything... if you'd like to snap a quick pic and PM it that'd be appreciated (and just to rule out the zebra, lol) but a genset most likely had a single speed governor on it,  I'm looking for a variable speed setup that would have been on a late 46 2a Wink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2021 at 10:16am
Originally posted by mbullism mbullism wrote:

Much appreciated, JAB.  No need to reassemble anything... if you'd like to snap a quick pic and PM it that'd be appreciated (and just to rule out the zebra, lol) but a genset most likely had a single speed governor on it,  I'm looking for a variable speed setup that would have been on a late 46 2a Wink

Just a heads up, the generator governor is a “Fixed Speed” unit, the Ag governor is a multi-speed unit.

Lee😉
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug. 2021 at 12:35pm
Lol... potato-patawhto Wink

Edited by mbullism - 03 Aug. 2021 at 12:36pm
OnlyOneDR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyOneDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 8:15am

I would be interested in the single-speed governor.  I can shoot you a PM.
Searching for time to put it all together...
1950 CJ-3A #37751 In Pieces
1969 Chevy Blazer Resto-Mod Waiting for its day...
2001 Nissan Frontier Crawler Adventure Rig
JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 8:44am
Great!  I’m headed to the shop now to get some pictures.  
GR8GPN2U!
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 8:57am
PM inbound Smile
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 1:56pm

Sorry about the delay, I was conscripted into kid duty.  I'm posting here this time rather than responding to the PM's because several people requested info and I can cover you all at once this way.  The first guy to post has first dibbs, and then on down.  

Here's what it is.  Let me know what parts you need (carb, linkage, brackets, etc.) and we can come up with a fair price.  I'm trying to include pictures of the oiling sytem, brackets, linkages, etc.  It's already removed so you'll need some imagination.  The idler (not pictured) takes the place of a generator and is not part of the governor system, but I don't need it so it's also available, as is the unique carb.  My understanding of these genset engines is that they're basically the same as any equivalent CJ engine with a smaller (not suitable for a jeep) carb and intake runners designed to run at 1800 RPM's, or idle.

The bottom oil line on the governor dumped into the valve cover.  I'll have to compare, but the valve cover may either be unique to governed motors, or a normal one flipped up-side-down to accomodate the PCV valve on the right (rear of the engine) and the governor drain on the left (front).  If that's the case, we may have to trade that part (mine for yours), after I verify this assumption and check my stash of extra parts.

The copper line from the bottom of the oilfilter tee went to the top fitting on the governor.

The belt goes on the inside sheave/pulley on the crankshaft. 

I can post better pictures of anything specific you guys need.  

Edited by JAB - 04 Aug. 2021 at 2:28pm
GR8GPN2U!
OnlyOneDR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnlyOneDR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 2:55pm
Still interested but only for the governor and bracket.  Not interested in parts swapping, however.
Searching for time to put it all together...
1950 CJ-3A #37751 In Pieces
1969 Chevy Blazer Resto-Mod Waiting for its day...
2001 Nissan Frontier Crawler Adventure Rig
3-48s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3-48s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 3:55pm

Like it says, whatchagot?  I'd prefer complete to having to search bits, but open to anything really.  Just seeing if there is anything around.

TIA,
MB

Good Day Mike,
Which governor setup are you looking for? A King Seeley. A Monarch or A NOVI?????
That makes a big difference in the purchase price as the KS will be $$$$$$$, The Monarch will be $$$$ & the NOVI will be $$$. Unless yo choose to purchase from a certain vendor, then they will all be $$$$$$$$$$$$$!
1945 CJ2A #10536
1948 CJ2A #176528 "Elmer"
1948 CJ2A #155970 "Gray Mule"
1948 CJ2A #155365 "Old Yeller" (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 6147 (GONE)
BANTAM T3C # 30856
JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Lee MN Lee MN wrote:

Just a heads up, the generator governor is a “Fixed Speed” unit, the Ag governor is a multi-speed unit.

Lee😉

I posted the pictures.  Assuming it's not what you want I've moved to PM's.

Edited by JAB - 04 Aug. 2021 at 4:49pm
GR8GPN2U!
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug. 2021 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by 3-48s 3-48s wrote:

...Unless yo choose to purchase from a certain vendor, then they will all be $$$$$$$$$$$$$!
Now that right there is funny LOL 

You gotta know everyone wants to pay $/2 Wink

My 2A is late oct / early nov '46, so I'm pretty sure any of the big three would be "correct".  As for which one and how much is really a moot point if I can't shake one loose somewhere, but once past that it's a "$ x X" conversation I guess.  Which model in what condition and how complete would determine "X", yada yada-  
timcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2021 at 12:03am
Mike,

As we've discussed many times before, there were so many different parts installed from one jeep to the next. 

For what it's worth #69376 has a Monarch. 

Tim
1946 CJ2A #69376

Chula Vista, CA

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2021 at 7:02am
Originally posted by timcj2a timcj2a wrote:

Mike,

As we've discussed many times before, there were so many different parts installed from one jeep to the next. 

For what it's worth #69376 has a Monarch. 

Tim

The data point is appreciated Thumbs Up...not ruling anything out.
Qcanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qcanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2021 at 11:41pm
I have a pierce governor off an M38 which I will sell you for $150, including shipping.  It is a stationary governor.

Call or text to discuss at 343 777 4971.

QW
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2021 at 6:42am
Thanks, QW... as noted above looking for a variab-...er... multi-speed set up Smile
Qcanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qcanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2021 at 7:27pm
That having been said I have some spare parts left over from when I rebuilt my Monarch. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>