Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: Inner Windshield Frame & Parts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: Inner Windshield Frame & Parts
    Posted: 26 June 2020 at 7:41pm
I'm looking for the inner windshield frame and parts.  Mine was removed by a previous owner and replaced with a single windshield glass.  Functionally it's great but I'm trying to get authentic.

If you have a whole inner and outer you don't want to part out, that may work as well.  

I'm Located in Kansas so if it's not close, shipping would need to be an option.  

Regards
Robin
Rob

'48 #170747
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 9:50pm
How ironic. I’m sitting right here in Manhattan, Kansas right now. I even did a craigslist search for this area before I came down. My daughter just returned from Afghanistan and is back at Fort Riley. Yup sitting right here on 4th avenue in the apartments behind Bed, Bath and Beyond. The irony here is I have a nice inner frame back home.
Hey I’ll stop by and check out your project......
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
rmahan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 12:14am
So are you saying, if I posted this a week ago you could have delivered it?
Ha, just kidding.

Glad to here your daughter is safe and back from deployment.  Respect!

My project has been a long, long project.  I go in spurts.  Life gets in the way of hobbies sometimes.

Got the chassis and mechanicals in my garage and body is east of town in a warehouse.  I'm not ready for the inner windshield frame but I'm always on the lookout for things I know I need. 

I'll DM you my number if you want to take a look at what I've done so far.  One of few weekends I get to spend in Manhappy!

Regards,
Robin
Rob

'48 #170747
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 4:48am
Originally posted by rmahan rmahan wrote:

So are you saying, if I posted this a week ago you could have delivered it?
Ha, just kidding.

LOL
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2020 at 9:59pm
So I stopped by to visit our new friend Robin Mahan that night. I knew I smelled a Willy’s in the vicinity...
He has a 48 that has a nearly complete rolling chassis that he wants to get his Jeep body on. It’s a pretty nice body by Wisconsin standards but needs a little loving. The windshield had a really nice one piece pane of glass placed in it. There were some angle iron welded in place to help receive the glass. Unfortunately the brackets were all removed as was the little rolled section that the CJ2A inner frame slid into. Fortunately the shop he works at has the craftsmanship available to effect repairs. I think I’ve got all the parts he needs so when I get home I’ll start rummaging through it.

eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
 Post Reply Post Reply