Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: Kaiser Supersonic, ChuChua or Hickey Head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowjunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: Kaiser Supersonic, ChuChua or Hickey Head
    Posted: 23 Jan. 2022 at 6:58am
I am looking for a higher compression head for my L-134.  A good condition Kaiser Supersonic head would be great.  A ChuChua or Hickey aluminum head would be very preferred.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2022 at 9:28am
If your stock head has never been resurfaced, cut .030 off of it and you will have the same thing as a SS….

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
slowjunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowjunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan. 2022 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Lee MN Lee MN wrote:

If your stock head has never been resurfaced, cut .030 off of it and you will have the same thing as a SS….

Lee

Thanks for the information.  I will hold out for a Supersonic or other head.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2022 at 6:55am
Originally posted by slowjunk slowjunk wrote:

I will hold out for a Supersonic or other head. jewelry. 

FIFY LOL

Edited by mbullism - 24 Jan. 2022 at 6:56am
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2022 at 1:37am
     My L134 has 125 lbs on each cylinder while cold, so I'm guessing my head (or deck) has been milled.
An aluminum head would sure look spiffy when the hood is up.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2022 at 5:45pm
One of the engine blocks I took to the machine shop last week had a tag on the side which I first thought was a rebuild tag. Couldn't read it in the barn, but when I loaded it on the truck out in the sunshine I saw it said "Supersonic" on it, so must have been from a Henry J. It was missing the head when I got it.

The names they gave these engines always tickled me. "Go Devil", "Supersonic", and "Hurricane". 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb. 2022 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Oldpappy Oldpappy wrote:

One of the engine blocks I took to the machine shop last week had a tag on the side which I first thought was a rebuild tag. Couldn't read it in the barn, but when I loaded it on the truck out in the sunshine I saw it said "Supersonic" on it, so must have been from a Henry J. It was missing the head when I got it.

The names they gave these engines always tickled me. "Go Devil", "Supersonic", and "Hurricane". 

Don’t forget the “Tornado”

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
3A Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3A Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2022 at 9:34am
Or the "Lightning". 

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb. 2022 at 10:30am
Or the "Dauntless", or the "Rocket" 
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
 Post Reply Post Reply