Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WTB: Keyed Coil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep!_r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTB: Keyed Coil
    Posted: 25 Sep. 2021 at 1:05am
WTB Early style keyed ignition coil. Looking for specifically the ignition switch that fits into the coil. Or complete assembly. What ever you have related to the keyed coil. Trying to get parts or complete assembly to be able to build a unit that would work in my 47
Thanks!
McTire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McTire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2022 at 4:29am
The keyed coil, which models used it? I might have found one that i could use for my 46 cj
1946 CJ2A
1959 M38A1
jeep!_r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep!_r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2022 at 8:56am
It was used into 47 not sure of the serial number when they quit. You can usually tell if the jeep had it as the bracket attaches to underside of the dash, but three machine screw heads are visible on the face of the dash
Hamhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan. 2022 at 7:11am
Almost all 2As used the keyed coil. According to the parts manual, serial number ranges 46479-50800, and 50901-51184, had the coil mounted on the engine, separate from the ignition switch. More like a 3A.
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply