Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

You guys ever.......?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 1:48am
Sparky13, 
It did not come with a title, but fortunately in Georgia a title is not required for 1985 and before, and this one qualifies for that by a long shot. Big smile And yes it is very complete. I don’t want to make a jeep salad, especially out of complete Jeeps.  Just thinking that tub would be nice on the ‘52 frame temporarily and I could have a pretty decent driver while I work on the frame the ‘51 comes with. I don’t know. Just thinking out loud. But yea I’ll get it all here and see if I can get the engine to rotate before I make any decisions about that. 

SlaterDoc,
I looked at the other few pics I have of the frame and there is not a machine gun mount, there are holes there, but no cut mount. I don’t know what the guy saw that made him say that it was an mb frame, but when I get it home I’ll check it out better and check the gussets and look for a frame tag. 

Getting a trailer tomorrow and going to bring her home! I’ll update with a couple pics when I can.

Edited by Hillwillys - 13 Apr. 2021 at 1:51am
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Hillwillys Hillwillys wrote:

....Go to look at a couple jeep parts and end up bringing a whole damn Jeep home? 

No, but I hope to some day. LOL
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Hillwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 2:20am
LOL
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 5:20am
It wouldn't be that hard to cut off the front of the gun mount so it  would fit a civilian Jeep body.
john
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 6:28am
  "You guys ever.........Go to look at a couple jeep parts and end up bringing a whole damn Jeep home? "

Ouch Usually, I go to look at a jeep and bring home a truck-load of parts.LOL
BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 6:29am
LOL
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 6:31am
Bruce W, you and Tiny left with a truckload of 3B parts from me, is it working?
john
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 8:13am
Originally posted by uncamoney uncamoney wrote:

Bruce W, you and Tiny left with a truckload of 3B parts from me, is it working?

Was that the 3B with the broken Husky overdrive?
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2021 at 9:09am
No.
john

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2021 at 12:37am
Well she’s home.  I’m going to post pics in the project thread. 
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2021 at 3:03am
Good deal!

We wait with bated breath. Pictures!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2021 at 3:20am
Cpt logger, I’ve posted pics in my project thread, “two Jeeps”... which I should probably figure out how to change the title of to “three Jeeps” LOL

But here are a couple pics for this thread 

Arriving home

Unloaded

There is also two big totes of all the other bolt on parts that have been removed. The only thing I’ve found missing is one hood latch. 
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2021 at 3:41am
Thanks for the pics.

I usually do not make time for browsing the project threads. I wish I could. There are quite a few good ones.
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2021 at 3:44am
Like blue diamond almonds, I try for one a week!!
Jay
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2021 at 3:52am
That is a 3A style frame, not an MB frame, you can tell by the bulge at the bumper end of the frame horn, and the absence of the gussets.

If it has a machine gun mount the body would have had to have been modified at the floor riser for it, as neither the 3A or it's military cousin the M38 would have had that feature.

I have bought Jeeps home that looked a lot worse than that one for that kind of money, so I say you got a good deal.

Edited by Oldpappy - 14 Apr. 2021 at 3:58am
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2021 at 12:16pm
I used to have 5 Jeeps in  my yard, my sister in law wondered how i could afford that many. My brother finally admited that 3 of them were his.
john

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hillwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2021 at 1:07pm
Hahahhahahahaha! that’s hilarious!
LOLLOLLOL
uncamoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uncamoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2021 at 1:25pm
He still has 2 and i have 2. None have run in over a year.
john
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12